General transfer rumours

Not like Bayern to encourage the star player of a domestic rival to run down their contract and sign for them on the cheap/for free.
That is pretty depressing. Moreover I think Werner is one of those that will not make it with Bayern, so when he goes there it will be the end of his career. So many young German players went therefor big money, failed and never got back on track. Funny nobody seems to write about that here in Germany.

Jermain Defoe is Ibrox-bound, according to SSN. Strange move, IMO. Yes, he isn't getting much game time at Bournemouth this season. But I'd have thought he was still capable of doing a job at a higher level than the SPL. Possibly at a top of the table Championship side. Norwich, or Villa, or Forest, or even (if he doesn't mind living in a cave) L***s.

That is pretty depressing. Moreover I think Werner is one of those that will not make it with Bayern, so when he goes there it will be the end of his career. So many young German players went therefor big money, failed and never got back on track. Funny nobody seems to write about that here in Germany.

Really? Have seen hundreds of articles about that topic throughout my life.

Actually there is big doubts if Werner has the qualities for Bayern even with the Bayern bosses. Werner nearly made a proposal to play for Bayern lately. He wants to make the next step - but he might not be the player that dreams of playing abroad. Actually he probably thinks that it is attractive to play with Kimmich and Gnabry with whom he played as a teenager at Stuttgart for some years - and with Süle or Goretzka who he knows since ages, too. Munich is closer to home, too.

As a striker he needs a lot of room in front of him as speed is what he has most - and there is a lot that are better than him on the wing if you would buy him for there.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.