Liverpool (H) Post Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
She said last season that she found watching us carry all before us to be "boring". She just another biased media hack up way too far up Anfield's arse.

She's so much more than that...

I would be surprised if she hasn't written a poem or 5 under her RAWK username over the years.

First time Ive had to post since watching the game last night.

What a performance! We have played neater football/better football but as kompany alluded to Ive not seen a city team fight like that in a long long time.

Bernardo Silva was a colusses as was ferna. I cannot believe the whole team kept up that work rate for the full match. In previous defeats to Liverpool they have out fought us in midfield, bullying us with superior physicality and pouncing on mistakes (as well as playing decent football....some of it counter attacking). However in last nights match we out fought them in every area of the pitch. The legs might be a bit old on VK but his leadership shone through last night. The tackle wasn't even a fowl in my book....thats how people should be tackling; full blooded. Players go down way to easy today and you are constantly hearing the excuse that a touch gave him a reason to go down....its shit and should be taken out of the game but the powers at be need their goals, decisions and controversy to sell the channels and a lot of football fans have fallen for it as its ben repeated for 20 years plus.

Aguero is a god - you could argue he aint the best forward in the world (3-4 maybe above him like fake Ronaldo, Messi etc) but you could also argue that no other striker in the world puts that in from there...to generate that much power in so short amount of space and time is phenomenal. That is him to a tee and why he is head and shoulders above GJ and many many others. His work rate last night, his link up play and his fight for the ball was like he was on a one man mission to prove something and boy did he do it.

VK in one on ones....again over the years ive argued there aren't many better centre halves in the world but with age there has been a slight drop off in level but last night along with his leadership he was phenomenal....Salah was in his back pocket all night.

Stones must have telescopic legs to have reached that ball

Ferna - the man is simply a machine........last nights performance again proves (not that it needs proving) why it is so important that int he next 12 months we find someone like him with not only his engine and drive but his passing ability.....he is like a miniature version of Yaya but with an amazing worrate as well.....he can do nearly everything Yaya could do except the lungs busting runs past a whole team but for me this lad has an equal all round game other than that to Yaya (and he doesn't have a twat of an agent!)

All of this without KDB

I thought Danillo and Laporte equipped themselves well defensively and helped stifle the wing play of Liverpool for a lot of the game.

Sterling...finally had a decent game against his old club and got the most important assist...he should have also scored and I was praying for that to go in as that would have finished them off.

Liverpool - Klopps reaction is embarrassing with his harking back to the Mane sending off...mane's feet were 6 foot up in the air and hit Emerson in the head so im not sure how he can equate that to the company tackle which on the floor and he wins the ball.

Its still in their hands and I cannot see many teams taking points off them especially at Anfield as they will just steam roller most teams but we have given ourselves a chance but we now have to maintain that and there are still a lot of hard games to go for both teams.

What impressed me most that under Bobby Manc, Pellers we have wilted in those big high pressure games against various teams - with Pep it only made us stronger. Tactically and with the mentality he instilled in the players last night, Pep got one over Klopp big time.

The powers have be have got what they want - a title race and whoever wins it from here will probably deserve it.

Does anyone know why Otamendi had black arm bands when he came on yesterday.
He knew before kickoff the dippers would lose and wanted to have a quick, convincing costume to allow him to swiftly get through the mourning away crowds outside the Etihad after the match.

If you look closely, there are bulges in his socks that look suspiciously like candles.

[edit: of course, I am going to look a right **** if we find out he was actually honouring someone that passed away. In that case, my apologies and condolences.]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.