Frenkie de Jong(Signed for Barcelona)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this is reactionary, but after watching what Fernandinho did last night...Frenkie isn't it. He looks like he'll be a tremendous player for someone, but I don't think he's quite the profile we need. I'll take Ndombele please.
I have to agree with you think Ndombele would be a better fit for us. He looks a very strong ball wining player. With de jong he looks a little fragile for Fernandinho role especially in our league. Others on here will of seen more of him than me, de jong that is, and so are able to give a better informed comment

I have to agree with you think Ndombele would be a better fit for us. He looks a very strong ball wining player. With de jong he looks a little fragile for Fernandinho role especially in our league. Others on here will of seen more of him than me, de jong that is, and so are able to give a better informed comment
100% correct.

Said weeks ago FDJ is all wrong for City, we don't require another tippy happy ball player we have enough.

Ndombele is a beast waiting to happen, he can stop play & push fwd box to box just what we need.

It’s interesting that for all the money PSG have throw at it they haven’t made the same progress as us - they can win the French League at a canter but in the UCL they don’t really look a force. We have gone further than them and players like Mbappe and Neymar don’t look as sharp playing in that lesser league. PSG need a European League because their domestic competition is holding them back and despite crazy wages they’ll struggle to hold on to their more ambitious players. Mbappe went their for a range of reasons unique to him - those conditions don’t apply to the two Ajax boys - so I suspect they won’t go to PSG but Ajax will use PSG to force up the price and their respective Agents will use PSG to force up their package. In some ways PSG forcing up the costs might help us in a straight race with Barca for De Jong.

You are right that they haven’t been a UCL force, but neither have we. They will hold on to their players until they can pay them. Football is a job and with the right combination they will always hold on to their players. Only way someone can leave PSG is if they run their contract down like Rabiot and leave on a free transfer. Beautiful city, easy league, very good pay and a good shot at the UCL will be enough to appease any of their targets. I don’t think we can offer them the same wages on our own principles.

Not seen de jong play any football for ajax. But seeing us against Lyon with ndombele sitting in their midfield, he reminded me of a young yaya. Strong, athletic, very hard to knock of the ball and quality to boot

100% correct.

Said weeks ago FDJ is all wrong for City, we don't require another tippy happy ball player we have enough.

Ndombele is a beast waiting to happen, he can stop play & push fwd box to box just what we need.
This. Ferns hasn't a teaspoon of finesse about him... he's grit, tough and solid. None of those words describes FDJ a sure talent who looks finesse personified. For the position asked specific to this coach/ team/ league... FDJ isn't a fit.

This. Ferns hasn't a teaspoon of finesse about him... he's grit, tough and solid. None of those words describes FDJ a sure talent who looks finesse personified. For the position asked specific to this coach/ team/ league... FDJ isn't a fit.

But he has a bloody good footballing brain.. the key part of any replacement player's game, the ability to handle the role mentally

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.