Liverpool (H) Post Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree. If anyone, I think the guilty party for their goal was Raheem who failed to track the full back.[/QUOTE]

Nope, it was actually Sane being a pussy and turning his back when he thought Arnold was going to initially cross it.

Funnily enough, it was Sane who stupidly lost the ball in the middle and caught us on the counter before Eddie came racing out to pass to Danilo and up the other end we go to score.

Sane had an average game barring his goal.

Well that and hauling him to the ground with a tackle that Dylan Hartley would be proud of

However let’s not forget that Taylor had an excellent game.
That too, but the penalty offence was impeding him long enough for a teammate to get to the ball, before the rugby tackle.

Taylor was fine in the first half and a disgrace in the second, same levels of physicality shown by both sides yet double the fouls awarded against us and multiple big decisions in their favour (penalty on Sterling, Van Dijk elbow, double foul before the Salah chance).

Just watched it again for the 4th time, twice each in english and spanish narration because the missus wouldn't let me pump up the volume to eleven at three in the wee hours. The two english narrators (dunno who the fuck are they, btw) were amazed at the noise level and said City fans needed to keep it for the whole 90+ minutes, which the blue faithful did with flying colours.

Blue fans, you were mega, you created out of your blue guts an incredible atmosphere (though I hate the term due to dippers) relentless and hostile towards those cheating diving cúnts. It was totally spontaneous, what a difference compared to that choreograph bollocks and karaoked dirge those red ponces built their self deluded myth on. And, to top it off, no traffic beaters nor early leavers this time, you stood till the very fucking end. Bravo.
Meanwhile the Liverpool Flatearthers Cult, unsurprisingly have produced the assorted excuses out of their a hundred and twelve millimetres collective conscious, stoked by the media roaches, fuck them pool lifeforms.

That too, but the penalty offence was impeding him long enough for a teammate to get to the ball, before the rugby tackle.

Taylor was fine in the first half and a disgrace in the second, same levels of physicality shown by both sides yet double the fouls awarded against us and multiple big decisions in their favour (penalty on Sterling, Van Dijk elbow, double foul before the Salah chance).
I’m inclined to think he started off ok but he certainly changed as the game wore on. It seems that some people are unable to see the subtle things that are allowed for one team but not the other. It obviously changes the way both play.
If you know you can challenge from behind quite physically without impunity you stop one avenue for the forward to build up play.

Did you fall asleep on the bus?

Ha ha no bit of a trick post really , no drove to poulton le flyde after the game, stayed at a mates house , stayed last night too cos it was his 50th.
So unfortuately I wasn't wandering the streets going from pub to pub.
Was a Liverpool fan there but not really a die-hard one he thought it was a good game and the best team won

Ha ha no bit of a trick post really , no drove to poulton le flyde after the game, stayed at a mates house , stayed last night too cos it was his 50th.
So unfortuately I wasn't wandering the streets going from pub to pub.
Was a Liverpool fan there but not really a die-hard one he thought it was a good game and the best team won

Did you piss in his drink?

I’m inclined to think he started off ok but he certainly changed as the game wore on. It seems that some posters ignore the subtle things that are allowed for one team but both the other. It obviously changes the way both play.
If you know you can challenge from behind quite physically without impunity you stop one avenue for the forward to build up play.
This is the thing that annoys me most about the refereeing in general when we play Liverpool, with pressing and when we played Lyon away this season and Barca in the past.
If our players shield the ball when receiving it, they barge straight through their backs at full speed, if our players turn them, their hands are all over shoulders, if we look like getting away, ankles get tapped.
According to the referees, this is all fine and we should overcome it. Honestly, that's fine in itself by me, even though we're at a slight disadvantage in a physical game.
But if we do any of the above, the fuckers throw themselves to the floor and get a free kick Every. Fucking. Time. and the refs dish out yellows to discourage us. If we want to win the ball back, it has to be a non contact tackle from 12:00 or an interception.
It's bent as fuck, it artificially extends every phase of possession they have and gives them the option of creating chances through turnovers high up the pitch while denying that option to us and it has a huge influence on the game. It's never about the big decisions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.