Deliberately knocked off my pushbike by angry motorist

Update here is that I’m on the mend...

North Wales Police are seeking a prosecution in this case I have been told which is good news.. they made that decision without the testimony of the witness who was directly behind us so I am pretty confident that once they have his version of events, that the case will be opened and closed quite quickly as he suggested the driver hit me deliberately at the second attempt...

Missed two home games because of this but hopeful i’ll be there Saturday... wish me luck

Update here is that I’m on the mend...

North Wales Police are seeking a prosecution in this case I have been told which is good news.. they made that decision without the testimony of the witness who was directly behind us so I am pretty confident that once they have his version of events, that the case will be opened and closed quite quickly as he suggested the driver hit me deliberately at the second attempt...

Missed two home games because of this but hopeful i’ll be there Saturday... wish me luck
I'll give a shout for you tonight at the game....for 10% ;)

Apologies for posting this here, but I didn't want to start a new thread.

I found out today that someone who works in our building, who I have worked with on a couple of projects was very recently knocked off his bike on a country road and killed.

He was on his way home from work, and got taken out by a car not far from his house. The driver was arrested at the scene, but there are no further details as yet.

He was a very accomplished cyclist, and always wore bright/reflective clothing with fixed and flashing lights. He also wore a helmet without fail.

Please be safe out there fellow Blues, and remember no matter how safe you think you are, you are always at the mercy of other road users.

Apologies for posting this here, but I didn't want to start a new thread.

I found out today that someone who works in our building, who I have worked with on a couple of projects was very recently knocked off his bike on a country road and killed.

He was on his way home from work, and got taken out by a car not far from his house. The driver was arrested at the scene, but there are no further details as yet.

He was a very accomplished cyclist, and always wore bright/reflective clothing with fixed and flashing lights. He also wore a helmet without fail.

Please be safe out there fellow Blues, and remember no matter how safe you think you are, you are always at the mercy of other road users.
Jeez.. I’ve been extremely thankful since my incident that I wasn’t killed.. genuinely... I have work to do before my hand is working properly and i’m doing exercises I was shown by the physio yesterday.. the splint needs to be on between exercises till the 6 week point but I know already the knuckle is out of shape due to natural healing which is not great.. I guess they’ll list that as an outcome from the incident when I have an independent medical assessment.

My collar bone was plated and is spot on already except for horrible numbness in the skin around the scar / operation site.. hopefully it’ll settle.

My thoughts are with the guy’s family... thanks for posting that...

Got my bike back today after repair but I doubt i’ll be back on the road again even when physically capable... i’ll almost certainly buy a Watt Bike ... really not the same as the normal ride but convenient and totally safe.

Push bikes should only be used for going to work. By law.
Why?

Surely better enforcement of the existing Road Transport Act would be the better course of action. A paltry fine and a few points for using a mobile phone whilst driving does nothing to stop idiots using their phones whilst driving.

If people drive within the rules, and give the road their full and undivided attention, and are courteous to all road users or face much greater consequences (larger fine and more driving bans, such as 3 months first offence) and face a greater chance of getting caught, then the road would be a much safer place, and you would cut road deaths substantially.

The cost of the extra funding for traffic officers would come from the huge savings from not having to shut major routes because some arsehole in a Jag smashed into a barrier on the M6 whilst on his mobile phone and wiped out a family car in the middle lane closing 3 lanes for 4 hours. Those kind of pile ups cost hundreds of thousands if not millions.

We are drifting off the subject of cycling somewhat here, but road users are road users, and being safe saves lives.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.