Burton (First Leg) Post Match Thread

It's a silly point, mate. The game was on the telly on a freezing cold January night in the middle of 4 home games.

More people will always want to see City v Chelsea than a walkover v Burton. It would be the same at any club.

I get that, just don't get why people don't just say that then. Also don't understand why, if having to make a choice, people would choose an FA Cup 3rd round game vs Rotherham over a semi-final vs Burton. Rotherham aren't exactly a glitter tie either. Each to their own I guess...

I get that, just don't get why people don't just say that then. Also don't understand why, if having to make a choice, people would choose an FA Cup 3rd round game vs Rotherham over a semi-final vs Burton. Rotherham aren't exactly a glitter tie either. Each to their own I guess...

People can "say" what they want. They don't have to report to you.

And yes, I was at both.

It's a silly point, mate. The game was on the telly on a freezing cold January night in the middle of 4 home games.

More people will always want to see City v Chelsea than a walkover v Burton. It would be the same at any club.
  • 4th league cup semi final in 6 seasons.
  • 6th semi final overall in 6 seasons
  • 3rd home match in 6 days
  • 2nd midweek home match in 6 days
  • 4th priority competition
  • School and work night
  • Everyone skint after Christmas
  • Freezing
  • Playing a league one side we expected to beat comfortably
32k was a fairly decent attendance.

Best moments for me
were Leroy's ball control with his chest and finding Jesus through the defender's legs with the outside of his foot,

and also Phil netting and just walking away.
Watching Garcia was a pleasure as well. Great defender, great vision and build up. Some player!

Actually we have 2 teams.
If strong and weak sides come in alternately,
anyone has enough rest.

Things will be different when the big CL full intensity nights come in.

I’ve just been given CCTV footage of @BurnCK @Didsbury Dave by the BM Security and Pies Service:

FqZIiLjMsbNm8BUECxZ6Dh8bNgTYdj-CfltUdjYjq-0.gif

• 4th league cup semi final in 6 seasons.
  • 6th semi final overall in 6 seasons
  • 3rd home match in 6 days
  • 2nd midweek home match in 6 days
  • 4th priority competition
  • School and work night
  • Everyone skint after Christmas
  • Freezing
  • Playing a league one side we expected to beat comfortably
32k was a fairly decent attendance.

I don't think it would have actually been anywhere near 32k that's just tickets sold. I normally go with another 2 people we are all on the cup scheme but they didn't come last night, 2 lads that normally sit next to me who are on the cup scheme didn't come either so that's 4 from 5 that wasn't there already. The cold you mentioned is a good point though because yes i'm glad I went & seen the 9 goals but I should have stayed at home, I couldn't feel my legs walking back to the car haha

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.