Wolves (h) pre-match thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have said in several threads that the past few games has seen our first 11 put an epic performance in to beat Liverpool and our squad players and returning players gain vital minutes and subsequent form against Rotherham and Burton.

Fernandinho, Laporte and Aguero all have had a rest. Walker looks refreshed again, Foden has made his mark. Gundogan has been brilliant in the last two and Gabby got 5 goals. Mahrez too has started to play more to our teams style with quick passing and movement in behind. Bernardo rested, De Bruyne back and Mendy training and stepping up his recovery.

It has been a sensational week and the whole squad should now be fighting to start and there will be tough choices for Pep.

Personally I would be playing Fernandinho De Bruyne and Bernardo with Sterling Sane and Aguero. Delph at LB. Walker, Stones, Laporte. Silva looked much sharper against Burton after an unusually poor game (by his standards) against Liverpool. Would bring Bernardo back in though because his performance against Liverpool was outstanding, one of the best any City player has put in. He left it all on the pitch.

It is a huge game. They will be tough to beat but will try to win the game so we will have chances. Liverpool play before us and Brighton will be a test for them so let us hope we go into it knowing if we win we cut the gap further.

We can rotate for Burton away and should give some other youngsters a game. Not worth risking any key squad players just to show respect. The tie is over and there are bigger games at stake than to risk key players just to respect Burton.

Hopefully a big win to start building our goal difference advantage again. It could all come down to that.

My son is a season ticket holder at Wolves so I’ve watched them a lot this season. They have had good results against the top 6 but in only one or two of those games (especially the cup match against Liverpool) were they the better team, They probably deserved a draw against us although their goal shouldn’t have stood, they beat a misfiring Chelsea and Spurs didn’t turn up for the second half. They were unlucky not to beat Arsenal who were shit on the day.

They rely on the counter but they don’t seem to have an out and out centre forward - Jiménez being the closest. They don’t score many goals and in some games they struggle to create and take chances - players such as Costa, Neves and Traoré are the worst culprits. They pass well and they have players that are good on the ball like Jota

We need to ensure that we don’t gift them the ball. They won’t park the bus but will take advantage of any errors. If we score first we will win the game. If we play as good as we can we will win easily.

Ederson
Danilo Stones Laporte Delph
Fernandinho
De Bruyne Bernardo
Sterling Jesus Sané

Agüero on the bench, give Jesus a run while he's hit some form and Serg's coming back/come back from illness.

4-1 City!

Ederson
Danilo Stones Laporte Delph
Fernandinho
De Bruyne Bernardo
Sterling Jesus Sané

Agüero on the bench, give Jesus a run while he's hit some form and Serg's coming back/come back from illness.

4-1 City!
Glad that someone agrees with me that Merlin and Sergio should not start. SWP take note.

It is seldom a good idea to post on another teams forum after a few beers, but here goes.

Since we were taken over by Fosun, there seems to be a lot of respect between both sets of fans. City fans are possibly the only ones in the premier league who appreciate what we are trying to do- the project. As a local Wolves fan with a deep rooted hatred of United, this is really great to see.

It is worth saying that most Wolves fans would prefer to see you winning the league rather than the scousers- guess who they play on the last match of the season!!!

However, I really hope we give a good account of ourselves on Monday. I’m optimistically hoping for three points... shall we agree on a score draw??

I can't believe people are suggesting neither Kun or Merlin should start! Not because I think they're stupid, but because I think they might actually be right and I can't get my head around it. How do you drop Bernardo and Jesus after that week? I think Sergio might start if he's fit as Jesus has played 2 90 minute games, but even the thought that we could even think about leaving either of these out on form just shows how unbelievably brilliant we are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.