Bring the Noise

I thought the Wolves fans but in a decent effort tbf. Yes quite a few of their chants were very predictable but they were loud for chunks of the game.

Yeah, when they went for it they were loud Tim but I didn't think they were at it as often as I expected them to be. You can probably hear them better from your position in the ground though. That said, just had a peek at a Wolves forum and this is what one of theirs said:

Oh and as for atmosphere, we sang very little and so did city. Its not surprising it was flat from our end. We had sod all to sing about

I thought the Wolves fans but in a decent effort tbf. Yes quite a few of their chants were very predictable but they were loud for chunks of the game.

Let's be honest, all of their chants about our crap support were fair game.

Under Mancini the SS was rocking most weeks. Since SS3 was introduced we are possibly the quietest set of home fans in the league.

Wasn't there a poll done not long ago which found that City had the longest-serving match going fans in the league? A great achievement on the one hand, but surely a contributor to our atmosphere (or lack thereof)?

I moved from SS1 to SS3 as a cost cutting measure the atmosphere is in general not a patch up there even near the away fans sadly, it was great for the cup games to be moved back down but as a fan base lots have been priced out of the bottom level.

The family stand would be better filled if a) the club's compy tickets were in the top tier CB/EL and b) the club activity 'pushed' adults with kids into it if it must remain the whole stand instead of selling kids tickets in other parts of the ground.

If people want to pick and choose their own games, that's their business, but I'm not sure why so there were so many no-shows last night because it's been proven in the past that Monday night games can still see the stadium packed to the rafters. The 2012 derby against United is the obvious example and perhaps not the best example as there was so much riding on it, but even last season when we played Everton on a Monday night in the first home game of the season, there was hardly an empty seat in the whole stadium. That was in August too when plenty of people are still on holiday. I was actually shocked at how full the stadium looked that night.

As for the atmosphere last night, well it was a weird one all round. Was difficult trying to get most songs going, but I was also surprised at how quiet the Wolves fans were on the whole. I suppose the sending off killed the match off as a realistic contest which might've had an effect on the atmosphere. As for someone on this thread saying "it was fucking Wolves", well that's just plain disrespectful and not least because Wolves have been a breath of fresh air this season.
I was expecting a better atmosphere last night as all our games are now must win.
What I found weird last night was there seemed to be different pockets of fans starting different songs in 114 and none of which really got going.
The early goal and the sending off killed off the nerves.

The fact remains disrespectful or not it was only Wolves, we all know we should be beating them.
I don't care about empty seats but I was surprised about the no shows in SS1.
Most have moved here to improve the atmosphere but even that hasn't worked.
Unreserved seating in SS1 might help not sure if the dibble would allow it thou.
But may help to get fans out of bars of they would risk not standing with their mates.
The club clearly dosen't help itself with ticketing.
Like it or not but Family stand is clearly a massive issue.
Walking around the ground the last few games the amount of first timers wearing halve and halve scarfs has exploded clearly this will not help atmosphere.
Sadly working class mancunians are becoming a dying breed at the Etihad.
Mind you the club clearly not bothered as lots of the out of towners are seen clutching club shop shopping bags.
Talking to a program seller and he pointed out we have turned into the rags.

You can't get away from the fact that our season ticket holders pick and choose games more than any other club in the top flight. I genuinely don't know the reasons for this, we do have out of town fans obviously but nothing compared to the SKY 4 yet their season ticket holders (arsenal excpeted) turn up, is it the demographics of our support?, less than 10% of our season ticket holders are in the 18-24 bracket compare and contrast with Everton which i believe is around 20% an age bracket which you'd normally expect to have less commitments and thus be more obsessive about attending games, is it the price of the season tickets which are in the main reasonable compared to the outrageous match day pricing i mean starting at £46.50 last night it's no wonder season ticket holders couldn't get rid on ticket exchange which i think were the majority of empties.

You can't get away from the fact that our season ticket holders pick and choose games more than any other club in the top flight. I genuinely don't know the reasons for this, we do have out of town fans obviously but nothing compared to the SKY 4 yet their season ticket holders (arsenal excpeted) turn up, is it the demographics of our support?, less than 10% of our season ticket holders are in the 18-24 bracket compare and contrast with Everton which i believe is around 20% an age bracket which you'd normally expect to have less commitments and thus be more obsessive about attending games, is it the price of the season tickets which are in the main reasonable compared to the outrageous match day pricing i mean starting at £46.50 last night it's no wonder season ticket holders couldn't get rid on ticket exchange which i think were the majority of empties.
I'm a season ticket holder based in London and probably make 4-5 games now but my ticket never goes to waste. If i can't find someone to buy it I will always make sure somebody has it.

I was expecting a better atmosphere last night as all our games are now must win.
What I found weird last night was there seemed to be different pockets of fans starting different songs in 114 and none of which really got going.
The early goal and the sending off killed off the nerves.

The fact remains disrespectful or not it was only Wolves, we all know we should be beating them.
I don't care about empty seats but I was surprised about the no shows in SS1.
Most have moved here to improve the atmosphere but even that hasn't worked.
Unreserved seating in SS1 might help not sure if the dibble would allow it thou.
But may help to get fans out of bars of they would risk not standing with their mates.
The club clearly dosen't help itself with ticketing.
Like it or not but Family stand is clearly a massive issue.
Walking around the ground the last few games the amount of first timers wearing halve and halve scarfs has exploded clearly this will not help atmosphere.
Sadly working class mancunians are becoming a dying breed at the Etihad.
Mind you the club clearly not bothered as lots of the out of towners are seen clutching club shop shopping bags.
Talking to a program seller and he pointed out we have turned into the rags.
Your point about unreserved seats city dont seem to be interested in who sits in what seat when they are happy to sell you 6 on general sale

What was the true attendance do you reckon? 40k? Great crowd that on a Monday night in January when it’s on tele isn’t it??

Another note a mate of mine asked for 2 tickets on Friday for the game, I went online and couldn’t get 2 together anywhere except the family stand so what’s going on there? Something the club need to sort out.

If you are a business man would you rather sell a seat to 19 individuals at £50 a go all of whom will spend £100 in the club shop and buy a programme, a few drinks and some food or to one individual who pays £700 for a SC and rarely spends any money on match day. That is the way football is these days.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.