City attendances 1976/77 season

Post WW2 1946-47 (Div2) 37,695
1947-48 (Div1) 40,187
My source is Gary James' "Manchester -The Greatest City" The complete History of MCFC

Don't think we averaged more than them GDM, in those season's. Think we got close, within 5k 77/78.
Maybe I’m getting a bit confused, mate. I renember there was a season’s attendances that persuaded Swales to go for the big push spending-wise, and ruin the club in the process. Maybe it was just closing the gap re attendances, rather than overtaking them.

Either way, he fucking blew it!

Maybe I’m getting a bit confused, mate. I renember there was a season’s attendances that persuaded Swales to go for the big push spending-wise, and ruin the club in the process. Maybe it was just closing the gap re attendances, rather than overtaking them.

Either way, he fucking blew it!

That's what happened mate, we got within a few k attendance wise, and he decided to go for it. The rest is history.

Anyone got a link to a site.Got someone telling me we got 28k average going for the title when im sure I remember it being 40k plus?
We finished 2nd in the league, average home gate 40,000 also 50,000 v Liverpool, 48,000 v rags,47,000 v Leeds and 45,000 v Arsenal.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.