Defensive Midfield Targets/Options

Has anyone seen much of Kai Havertz of leverkusen, seen him a few times, not loads but he is 2 footed and decent with his head. Can spot a pass and is young enough to play 2nd fiddle to and learn from ferna. We haven't been linked too him but from what I've seen he has the potential to be very good/world class in that position. Should be cheaper than chasing players wanted by Barca and psg. Any thoughts?

Has anyone seen much of Kai Havertz of leverkusen, seen him a few times, not loads but he is 2 footed and decent with his head. Can spot a pass and is young enough to play 2nd fiddle to and learn from ferna. We haven't been linked too him but from what I've seen he has the potential to be very good/world class in that position. Should be cheaper than chasing players wanted by Barca and psg. Any thoughts?
Isn’t he an attacking midfielder?

Can play cdm, seen him play there twice and looked effortless.
Didn’t know that. Read a scout report of him some months ago, and I think it said he was an AM. Never seen him play so can’t really give an opinion on him, but he sounds like a good player

Pep talked about physicality for the new DM signing, and there’s 3-4 options. I guess it’s Ndombele, Partey and Allan. Don’t know who the last guy could be

We could switch to a 2-1 midfield shape, instead of 1-2, play with attacking left fullbacks (Mendy, bring back Angelino), and have as options as a midfield two:

Dinho, Delph, Zinchenko, Gundogan, Aleix, Douglas <-- two lads from Girona AND... bring in Matt Smith from FC Twente (7 players to choose from)

Edit: I would argue even Bernardo Silva could play in a double pivot, crazy amount of options when we consider this scenario.

All the solutions I read about say there is no replacement for Dinho; there is something that everyone has found a flaw in Neves, De Jong, Ndombele, Weigl etc

The fix is easy, stop relying on finding a perfect dinho replacement; If Delph, Zinny and Gundogan aren't trusted to play as a single pivot, play a double pivot, benefits are:

1) Delph, Zinny, Gundogan can play there natural roles.

2) Can bring in Aleix, Douglas, Matt Smith for depth, these players are also better suited as box-to-box

3) All we have to do is bring back Angelino for like 10 mill, save so much money

If we get Ndombele or whoever, I'd be happy of course, but I'd like the club, FOR ONCE, to find and implement more clear solutions using what we have.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.