Defensive Midfield Targets/Options

Watched Kante closely in the Chelsea game and something has to give; he’s got the most incredible engine but is being wasted. Sarri won’t drop Jorginho and Higuain’s arrival pushes Hazard back into the midfield, which means Kante will be under even more pressure to be creative from the right yet that is simply not his forte. New contract or not, just need Mendy to tap him up.

Don't think he's got enough to satisfy Pep's requirements .

Watched Kante closely in the Chelsea game and something has to give; he’s got the most incredible engine but is being wasted. Sarri won’t drop Jorginho and Higuain’s arrival pushes Hazard back into the midfield, which means Kante will be under even more pressure to be creative from the right yet that is simply not his forte. New contract or not, just need Mendy to tap him up.
Nope, Hazard will just play as a winger with Higuain upfront. Jorginho, Kante and Kovacic will be their midfield

Maybe, but I suspect it won’t be as effective. Hazard needs to drift and play on the turn or facing the goal, and Kante cannot create.
They’ve usually played:
Hazarad—Morata—Willian/Pedro
Kovacic—Jorginho—Kante

They’ll just use Higuain in stead of Morata

They’ve usually played:
Hazarad—Morata—Willian/Pedro
Kovacic—Jorginho—Kante

They’ll just use Higuain in stead of Morata

True, but I just don’t see how swapping one player up front is going to improve on the low number of chances they create. Were Hazard to replace Kante, then they would have much more creativity, drive, and width on the park.

I really think Rice will be the target as he’ll be counted as home grown and take Delph’s place in the squad. That will allow us the option to buy a foreign full back

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.