Huddersfield (A) Post Match Thread

We were poor but three points are three points ... haven’t timed changed - a 3 - 0 win away from home and I think we were poor - happy times - come on City.

Pies were good, performance was very disjointed, Marriner needs a guide dog and it took half an hour to get out the car park.
Drums and clap-sticks: Like Wigan, they may be local but they add fuck all to the sum of human happiness.
The Huddersfield Pies!! They were very good back in the late 80s..still remember being on that open terrace ,for the Fa cup game(when the FA cup meant something to every football fan)..pissed out me head,Meat pie in hand..City away in West Yorkshire...brilliant day,Tasty..very very tasty meat pie!

We were poor but three points are three points ... haven’t timed changed - a 3 - 0 win away from home and I think we were poor - happy times - come on City.
I dont think you can call the over all pervormance poor.i know you think we were below our very best...but the 'champions elect' only scraped past brighton by a single goal.......today,...City still managed to conjure up several passing movements of the highest quality,sweet,fluid,quick passing movements which worked the ball swiftly from defence to attack/goal scoring posistions....i watched in a pub with neutral fans,who with me,...on several occasions...literally gasped at the quality of football on show ...so,imo,i think you are a bit harsh with calling us poor.
Huddersfield,were fighting tooth and nail tactically...and we ran out 3nil winners.....an upgrade on last seasons performance maybe,where it was left to a last min goal from Raheem to save our bacon.
Ask Huddersfields players,management and fans if they thought Manchester City were 'poor' today......i can guess their answer.....

Last edited:
Apart from 3 points it's heartening to see a fit Debruyne n Silva. We will be playing more matches but we also have a squad to do so.

Garth Crooks:
“Raheem Sterling: When a penalty appeal goes so badly against you and the home crowd have the audacity to boo you because they believe you have tried to gain an advantage, the humiliation of it all can unravel your entire game.
Sterling's goal and overall performance against a totally outclassed Huddersfield Town proved the England international is made of tougher stuff than that. Andre Marriner's decision not to award Sterling a penalty was so bad it was almost villainous.
As for his assistant referee Richard West, he might as well have gone West! “

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.