Away tickets

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it was up to me I would:
1 Ditch Platinum.
2 Dock 10 points for home SC non attenders.
3 Offer 50 points for home Euro & Cup games that look unlikely to sell out.
4 Offer 50 points for unpopular aways like Newcastle.

As the majority of the higher points holders go to most of the games anyway, won't this just have the effect of them definitely buying the tickets for the unpopular away's too? As soon as you restrict the supply of something (points) then you immediately put a premium on them; basic economics.

Something else worth doing would be give increased points for hard to fill games
Utd at home gets 10
Burton st home gets 100
That would fill the stadium and stop people ( the press ) going on about empty seats
My biggest issue with points is the people who buy to retain points and don't go . I am not sure how that can be stopped though

The club offering priority final tickets to members who went to the Burton game was a step in the right direction

As the majority of the higher points holders go to most of the games anyway, won't this just have the effect of them definitely buying the tickets for the unpopular away's too? As soon as you restrict the supply of something (points) then you immediately put a premium on them; basic economics.
Can't see it. Those guys are so head of the game points wise it won't register. Just a suggestion for giving those below a kick up.

Loyalty points should be earned on attending aways. However, Loyalty points should be deducted for SC holders who cannot be arsed going to home games because of the game being on TV, shit weather, or anymore shit excuses. If you can't go, flog your ticket or even give it away like I do. Otherwise points deducted.

I would hazard a guess that of the 45000 ST holders or whatever it is, 80% of them don’t care about away games or loyalty points. Some of the platinum ST will be on it because they haven’t been arsed changing it.

Our neighbours are very transparent when it comes to ticket allocations and where they go. (80% usually goes to ST holders). Their highest application for tickets was 10,500 for us and Liverpool away.

If we had endless tickets we may only get 6/7k wanting to go regularly, maybe a few more for local ones. It therefore only affects that many people.

Loads on here talking about tickets were available for Cardiff, Newcastle, Lyon etc but surely you can't have a go at 16-25 year olds not going to Lyon away, mid week.
I never come close on 9/10 away criterias but the truth is I can't afford to go to both Wembley and Newcastle at the same time some need to realise and not think that this game being on GS means that people who can't/don't go away are just moaning.
I think Ballots should be held for away games (not all of em) and maybe 200-500 tickets out of a 3000 allocation allowing those lower down to get a chance to pull themselves up cos be honest, no ones catching the 20,000 pointers for at least another 10 years.

I was walking around a Council Estate in Leeds on Friday night in a sweatshirt in the middle of a blizzard. Some of you will know Smiler whose been following Leeds home and away since the early 70s. He was having to miss Huddersfield game with having the flu bad but he wanted to make sure his ticket was used. I passed it on to another lifelong Blue who had just missed out on the points. This might outrage some points zealots

All credit to the minority of Blues that gave the Lads loads of support.!The fact that this was a minority highlights the problem.

Personally I aint going to chant empty seats for 15 minutes.

Loads on here talking about tickets were available for Cardiff, Newcastle, Lyon etc but surely you can't have a go at 16-25 year olds not going to Lyon away, mid week.
I never come close on 9/10 away criterias but the truth is I can't afford to go to both Wembley and Newcastle at the same time some need to realise and not think that this game being on GS means that people who can't/don't go away are just moaning.
I think Ballots should be held for away games (not all of em) and maybe 200-500 tickets out of a 3000 allocation allowing those lower down to get a chance to pull themselves up cos be honest, no ones catching the 20,000 pointers for at least another 10 years.

I don't think anyone has an issue with the Euro away's because of the cost in both time and money.
Which games would you ballot, say the 4/5 that have historically gone to the highest points or those that sold out at the lowest points without going to open sale? What about away cup games, do we have a ballot for those too?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.