Nicolas Otamendi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bad move selling him at all

Would need replacing as we haven’t got enough cover if Stones and Laporte get injured

Saying De ligt as a relplacement isn’t realistic as he could demand to be first choice wherever he goes , I can’t see Stones and Laporte accepting Otamendi’s minutes from this season

Or we go three at the back more?

Guardiola has made it abundantly clear that he won't stand in the way of players if they are unhappy and want out. If there is any more to it than Otamendi simply being disgruntled, I'd imagine we'd move him on quite quickly.

Nobody coming in this window means we can't easily afford to let Nico go right now.

What if stones or lapoete get an injury, suspension or need a rest? We could be playing three times a week from next month. Though have a feeling pep may see Danilo as an option at cb if needed too.

It would have to be some offer, along with an assurance that barca don't go for or our intended replacement too, to even consider this. Any replacement we want is going to cost us more anyway.

A bit too small? He's one of our best in the air, Pep picks him when we know we're going up against a big team who launch balls up front constantly.
He is 6ft tall. I know that’s not a midget but it’s not tall for a centre back and there are lots of teams in the premier with players much taller than that. I know he’s good in the air and he has a leap on him but against big players, especially from corners and the like, he’s a bit vulnerable. It’s not a criticism, it’s just an observation.

Nobody coming in this window means we can't easily afford to let Nico go right now.

What if stones or lapoete get an injury, suspension or need a rest? We could be playing three times a week from next month. Though have a feeling pep may see Danilo as an option at cb if needed too.

It would have to be some offer, along with an assurance that barca don't go for or our intended replacement too, to even consider this. Any replacement we want is going to cost us more anyway.
We'd still have Kompany, Sandler and García

I would be surprised if they would just let him go, without a ready made replacement locked in. Either that, or Pep decides that the replacement would be either Garcia or Sandler.

He is 6ft tall. I know that’s not a midget but it’s not tall for a centre back and there are lots of teams in the premier with players much taller than that. I know he’s good in the air and he has a leap on him but against big players, especially from corners and the like, he’s a bit vulnerable. It’s not a criticism, it’s just an observation.
Then why does he go fwd when we get corners? I personally think your observation is incorrect

So why do you think he go fwd for corners?
In all the years I have been playing and watching football (a lot) centre back have always gone forward for corners.

Of course Ota goes forward but I don’t know how you would gauge success. He has played about 106 games for us and scored 6 goals. I’m guessing most, if not all of those were from corners. It’s pretty good but not exactly a stellar record.

Don’t get me wrong I am not having a pop at Otamendi, far from it. I am reacting to the rumour that he may be on his way out. I just feel that if any of our centre back are expendable he’s the one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.