Calgary International Airport YYC
Travel time: 1h 22m
5:07 PM
Kelowna International Airport YLW
Air Canada
Economy
De Havilland-Bombardier Dash-8
AC 8407

Or might just watch on a live stream......

So sorry for butting in when I am a fan of SAFC but this (my involvement on this thread) actually is quite relevant. It was THAT League Cup final and a personal experience of a great show of sportsmanship between a small bunch of your fellow fans congregated outside of the East Stand and us on the coach I was on that made Manchester City FC my new and No.1 second favourite team. I will be especially cheering you on this year as I have never liked London teams getting to Wembley. A big part of the experience of the fans is the journey to the stadium. It will only take them about half an hour. It takes about our hours for us in the NE.

One thing I have always wanted to ask is do you ever get bored of tired of winning the EFL Cup? Three of your five have come in the last five years. Do you ever see yourselves losing interest in it? And would it bother you if you got knocked out in next seasons competition?

Never get bored and never lose interest.

Have friends up in Seaham and wish Sunderland all the best.

Ok, so travel plans

9:05 PM
Travel time: 59m
10:04 PM
Vancouver International Airport YVR
Air Canada
Economy
AC 8423
Plane and crew by Air Canada Express

19h 56m layover
Vancouver YVR

Overnight layover
6:00 PM+1
Vancouver International Airport YVR
Travel time: 9h 20m
Overnight
11:20 AM+2
Heathrow Airport LHR
Air Canada
Boeing 777
AC 854

Return

1:25 PM
Heathrow Airport LHR
Travel time: 8h 55m
3:20 PM
Air Canada
Boeing 787
AC 851
1h 25m layover
Calgary YYC
4:45 PM
Travel time: 1h 22m
5:07 PM
Air Canada
Economy
AC 8407

Or might just watch on a live stream......
But Dash - 8 all man, you've GOT to be there!

Never get bored of winning things mate, especially when we were shite for so many years.

Please tell us your story of sportsmanship.

Same as @Burtonblue really. There was only about 4-5 City fans stood outside but they warmly clapped as the coach left the stadium. I was sad that of course we lost but that made me realize just how good we were beaten. There is no shame in being beaten soundly by the best. It is almost an honour. The only dampner was congestion on the northbound section of the M1 meant I didn't get back to the SoL till 1am.

What's the script with getting from Watford to Wembley .... ie where's best for a slurp, which stations to use, rough price and are they regular.... staying in Hemel Hempstead night before, gonna get up have a big nosebag then get on the loud mouth soup
There is usually a train every twenty minutes on a Sunday to Wembley and back to Watford but atm the planner is showing a limited service to Harrow & Wealdstone and use tube to and from Wembley. Surely they wouldn't plan trackworks when there is a major cup final ... would they ???

So sorry for butting in when I am a fan of SAFC but this (my involvement on this thread) actually is quite relevant. It was THAT League Cup final and a personal experience of a great show of sportsmanship between a small bunch of your fellow fans congregated outside of the East Stand and us on the coach I was on that made Manchester City FC my new and No.1 second favourite team. I will be especially cheering you on this year as I have never liked London teams getting to Wembley. A big part of the experience of the fans is the journey to the stadium. It will only take them about half an hour. It takes about our hours for us in the NE.

One thing I have always wanted to ask is do you ever get bored of tired of winning the EFL Cup? Three of your five have come in the last five years. Do you ever see yourselves losing interest in it? And would it bother you if you got knocked out in next seasons competition?

Never get bored of winning trophies especially the league cup as I’ve waited most of my life to see us win a trophy.

Just to echo what several blues have already said I applaud Sunderland fans for their behaviour at that final. Made the school boy error of parking my car at the east end of the ground and had to make my way through 30k mackems along with my daughter. Not a single bit of bother from your lot.
After the game a large group of you clapped us down the concourse from the ground. I can honestly say that has never happened to me at any ground in the world.
As far as getting bored of winning...not a chance. Decades of starvation have seen to that.
Good luck for the rest of the season and hope to see you back in the PL soon.

We had a similar experience to you. There were a big gang of us went down but we all had tickets in different parts of our end. After the game 2 of us somehow went wrong and ended up round the Sunderland side. We were walking up the road and had to go past a pub that had loads of Sunderland stood outside it. We carried on walking but expecting the worst as we both had City stuff on, as we got to them they all moved aside and said well done, well played as we went past. I now really regret not properly engaging with them but we were so taken aback we just mumbled thanks and carried on going.

There is usually a train every twenty minutes on a Sunday to Wembley and back to Watford but atm the planner is showing a limited service to Harrow & Wealdstone and use tube to and from Wembley. Surely they wouldn't plan trackworks when there is a major cup final ... would they ???
So you change at Harrow from train to tube?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.