Carabao Cup Final plans

Don’t think there are trains between Manc and Crewe that weekend either so may want to check routes especially those planning on going via Birmingham due to being cheaper.

Virgin trains will be rerouted past Stoke stopping at Macclesfield.

What's the script with getting from Watford to Wembley .... ie where's best for a slurp, which stations to use, rough price and are they regular.... staying in Hemel Hempstead night before, gonna get up have a big nosebag then get on the loud mouth soup

Can't comment on the pubs but we had lunch in Watford last year and we park at Watford tube station, which is a bit out of town in a residential area. Yellow lines on the streets around but a reasonable sized car park, charge applies. It's not too long to Wembley park from there and close enough to the road home after the match

So sorry for butting in when I am a fan of SAFC but this (my involvement on this thread) actually is quite relevant. It was THAT League Cup final and a personal experience of a great show of sportsmanship between a small bunch of your fellow fans congregated outside of the East Stand and us on the coach I was on that made Manchester City FC my new and No.1 second favourite team. I will be especially cheering you on this year as I have never liked London teams getting to Wembley. A big part of the experience of the fans is the journey to the stadium. It will only take them about half an hour. It takes about our hours for us in the NE.

One thing I have always wanted to ask is do you ever get bored of tired of winning the EFL Cup? Three of your five have come in the last five years. Do you ever see yourselves losing interest in it? And would it bother you if you got knocked out in next seasons competition?
So sorry for butting in when I am a fan of SAFC but this (my involvement on this thread) actually is quite relevant. It was THAT League Cup final and a personal experience of a great show of sportsmanship between a small bunch of your fellow fans congregated outside of the East Stand and us on the coach I was on that made Manchester City FC my new and No.1 second favourite team. I will be especially cheering you on this year as I have never liked London teams getting to Wembley. A big part of the experience of the fans is the journey to the stadium. It will only take them about half an hour. It takes about our hours for us in the NE.

One thing I have always wanted to ask is do you ever get bored of tired of winning the EFL Cup? Three of your five have come in the last five years. Do you ever see yourselves losing interest in it? And would it bother you if you got knocked out in next seasons competition?
I can only speak for myself but unless I am in hospital I will never miss a wembley aperance . Too many years of dreaming about cup finals and wembley and obviously never getting there. I also go charity shield too.
C.T.I.D

Looking at booking hotels near Wembley and I spotted something bizarre. If I book two separate nights it is cheaper than booking two nights together, nuts. I know in theory they could make me check out at 12 and check back in at 3pm but that would be daft on their part. Not losing anything anyway as if I was checking in on the Sunday I couldn't check in until 3pm, although most let you check in earlier. I save £40 doing it this way.

Just to echo what several blues have already said I applaud Sunderland fans for their behaviour at that final. Made the school boy error of parking my car at the east end of the ground and had to make my way through 30k mackems along with my daughter. Not a single bit of bother from your lot.
After the game a large group of you clapped us down the concourse from the ground. I can honestly say that has never happened to me at any ground in the world.
As far as getting bored of winning...not a chance. Decades of starvation have seen to that.
Good luck for the rest of the season and hope to see you back in the PL soon.

I witnessed similar too. Sunderland fans lining the top of the bridge which Wembley way becomes, applauding City fans walking beneath.

The only other time I saw it was the Gillingham playoff final. A coach went past after the game and they were slapping our hands out of the window.

Really enjoyed the Sunderland final too. Fair play to their fans i couldn't believe how much of the club wembley circle jumped up when they scored. And their fans clapping us down to Wembley way, and us applauding them back, will be something i will always remember.

The Irish pub near Euston station was great after the Sunderland cup final.
Rammed with both sets of supporters and not one bit of bother.
Actress from that shit sitcom Bread was there.Enjoying herself with her mates,good drink in her and friendly to all.
Great night.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.