Newcastle (a) post match thread

Shocked by our attitude and respect to Rafa on tactics, he really managed to destroy our game - although it was not so bloody difficult. We've proved tonight that we psychologically very weak for whatever reasons. Pep tried to beat confidence into us by playing strong squads and tactics against shit teams and it did not work. O boy how it did not work! We are miles off being seriously excellent team.

No one played well.

Complacent from the entire club since the summer.

Fernandinho out on his feet as we fucked up both in the summer and january transfer windows.

The club can't keep winning the title and then being too arrogant to properly strengthen the squad.

We passed the ball from side to side slower than the Newcastle players took to run that same distance. There was a weird atmosphere both from the bench and on the pitch itself today. Don’t know what we just witnessed but there was a strange inevitability to it.

Has something happened before the game or during half time to upset the rhythm of the players? Maybe an argument? Everything was off tonight and the enthusiasm of the players was dampened so much. Has Pep lost the dressing room?. Big names being kept happy?

I thought both fullbacks were awful. I don't know what's happened to Walker but he can't do anything right. Danillo is nowhere near a left back. His passing was awful not least when he fired a ball at Sterling on the touchline, which he lost in the build up to their 2nd goal.

I feel we are paying the price for not having a 2nd leftback.

Cannot believe how poor we were tonight, build up was so slow it was edging on boring , so poor for me tonight, scousers 7 in front after tomorrow if they blow that

Starting to worry slightly that pep may see this season out and decide he can take us no further and I wouldn’t blame him,we had an absolute amazing chance to crank the pressure up on the scousers by winning and be a point behind the players shouldn’t need motivating for that,but after a fantastic start it felt at times like just going through the motions and little idea what to do,our play looks slightly off as well,goal up against palace Leicester and now Newcastle and we end up losing and show no real effort to turn the games around ...

Our biggest mistake this season was thinking Mendy would be fit all season. That left back position has killed us.

This is a terrible result. Absolutely shocking and their are no excuses. That’s three games we have lost against sides in the bottom half after being ahead in all of them.

We could be here all night analysing this but you can’t polish a turd which this was.

League cup and Fa cup now. We have no chance in the CL with this defence and it’s endless cock ups. Play like that in the next 3 games and we will be fighting for top 4 after them. The decision to accept the Everton game on that date is looking seriously stupid now.

Last edited:
I dare anyone to try and paper over that crack of a performance. I try to stay positive and still thinks its too early and as weve seen anythin can happen but god lord that performance was shite. To a man City= shite. Ref=shite. Newcastle=long ball 10 men anti-football shite. And for any lurking dippers...go fuck yourself. Only January. Night blues HBS out

The problems of two seasons ago have resurfaced. I don't agree with those who have said the players don't look interested (Bluematt23)- the issue is when we need to play at pace against a team that sits deep and closes us down we rely on our fullbacks to create overlaps or play the ball faster. Tonight the amount of possession Walker and Danilo had was more than most of the midfield. And, like before they didn't create anything. It is a problem with Mendy having major issues and Walker looking so poor. Also David looks off form - he drifted in and out and the main chances fell to him and he hit his shots too close to the keeper. Anyway still got to hope that Liverpool slip up but this will give them and their media darlings far too much ammunition against us. Also of note, the ref was shocking.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.