TV Series

Mindhunter's character was based on the FBI's most famous profiler, John E Douglas. I believe he did interview Bundy along with other psychos, they used those interviews to create the profiles that criminal investigations used to profile the serial killers.

Yep saw that the other day, thought Efron was a weird choice but he actually seems to be pulling it off in the trailer. But i do feel uneasy about it because this is exactly what Bundy wanted, towards the end of the documentary he's told by one of the interviewers that they're going to release a book about him and he says he doesn't care as long as it sells, so basically he wanted infamy.
I share your concerns tbh. It's a fine line . To be fair to the makers I've read that they want to show how he thought he was and what he really was. I've watched some serial killer bopics in the past and felt they were glamourising them. I'd be much more worried about Tarantino's "Manson" film due out in july for that sort of thing.

I share your concerns tbh. It's a fine line . To be fair to the makers I've read that they want to show how he thought he was and what he really was. I've watched some serial killer bopics in the past and felt they were glamourising them. I'd be much more worried about Tarantino's "Manson" film due out in july for that sort of thing.
You're right about Tarantino, he will give Manson some good lines and i'm sure he will end up making him look like a twisted genius.

Giving Game of Thrones a complete rewatch ahead of the last season. It's crazy watching all of this for a second time, knowing the relationships between characters and the futures of them which you had no idea of the first time around.

Planning on watching The Punisher once I'm done, heard very good things about it.

Giving Game of Thrones a complete rewatch ahead of the last season. It's crazy watching all of this for a second time, knowing the relationships between characters and the futures of them which you had no idea of the first time around.

Planning on watching The Punisher once I'm done, heard very good things about it.

Yeah Im going to start the series again before the last season and ype the 2 seasons of the Punisher is very good.

Just watching The Ted Bundy Tapes on Netflix, i wasn't born when this was all going on so only know of him after the fact. It shows what a shit show the whole system was back then, they make so many mistakes that, if it happened now, someone would have their life destroyed by the media. I'm not sure if you can really spoil documentary about a real event but he escaped twice from two different state prisons, he was allowed special treatment even though he was being put on trial for several murders, he was allowed by the Judge in Florida to not only represent himself, but to LEAD the defence attorneys on his own trial and cross examine witnesses. I don't know what happened subsequently, but this judge needed to have been stripped of his title. There are several interviews with law enforcement and legal representatives of the state at the time and they're laughing and joking when this is all going on, in fact they're making jokes in the court room with Bundy. This guy was an extremely broken individual but it was confounded by the ineptness surrounding it all, he should have had several psyche tests and spent the rest of his days paying for his crimes in some shit hole IMO. There are still many murders that he didn't own up to, i believe.

This is the judges post sentencing speech to Bundy:

"It is ordered that you be put to death by a current of electricity, that that current be passed through your body until you are dead.

Take care of yourself, young man. I say that to you sincerely; take care of yourself. It is an utter tragedy for this court to see such a total waste of humanity, I think, as I’ve experienced in this courtroom.

You’re a bright young man. You’d have made a good lawyer and I would have loved to have you practice in front of me, but you went another way, partner. I don’t feel any animosity toward you. I want you to know that."

How fucking weird, to almost show sympathy to a guy that has been proven (at that point) to have killed two women in the way that he did.
It was a very strange thing for the judge to have said.

And as you say he escaped twice, how the fuck did they leave him alone in that library to then open the window and escape, fuckin barmy.

And he then went on to murder a few more women after escaping.

Well, 'Star Trek: Disc' has been a revelation with many strands coming together (4, I think) and didn't drop the ball!

Very good and complex episode.

Good work CBS!!
Like it a lot, only annoying thing is it's a weekly release, which takes me back to the bad old days of watching series on terrestrial TV! God help us when GoT starts again.

It was a very strange thing for the judge to have said.

And as you say he escaped twice, how the fuck did they leave him alone in that library to then open the window and escape, fuckin barmy.

And he then went on to murder a few more women after escaping.
I suppose, like others have said, it was just that he was white and fairly articulate. They kept saying he was normal and like one of them, but in every clip they put on there of him he comes across as a proper weirdo.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.