Arsenal (h) Post Match Thread

Perhaps...

But if any of the above players were first choice at their positions... they would have started.

All of the above players - I think- aren't trusted in big games - absent undisclosed injury.
===
Zinchenko will likely be sold in the summer window if possible - he's just not good enough for our side.

Mahrez isn't performing as well as he should.

Stones is "home grown" and thus is more valuable than otherwise - but he's not nearly as good as Laporte.

Sane - is hit-and-miss - has the talent to be world's best - but I'm not sure that he has the drive and know-how to do so.

The only one I find a little odd is Fernandinho at CB. I can understand Laporte at LB after his solid display against the Scousers, but why not simply have Otamendi and Stones as CBs? Sane has played most of the games recently, so don't see any issue there - and I am pretty sure he will play on Wed and Sun.

Me neither but read the translation below the tweet . Basically he is saying why boo Raza who has nothing to do with them when walker ex spuds is on the pitch .
Ahh ok, so it’s pro-sterling and anti-walker? Cool. Cheers mate

If Arsenal fan TV is a true reflection of their fanbase they genuinely deserve to win nothing at all ever.
Meh, it’s all social media shit from all sides. Ian Cheeseman is a paedo btw. Only joking.

The only one I find a little odd is Fernandinho at CB. I can understand Laporte at LB after his solid display against the Scousers, but why not simply have Otamendi and Stones as CBs? Sane has played most of the games recently, so don't see any issue there - and I am pretty sure he will play on Wed and Sun.
Essentially we played a really really fluid formation yesterday. The idea is to be able to consistently mix things around positionally so that we're capable of creating overloads wherever necessary and also be compact enough to not look out of sorts on the counter by being able to launch a quick recovery press. You could see this by watching Walker and Laporte; sometimes they were tucked in at CB and sometimes they were right up on the edge of the opposition box.

Sometimes, because of the way we attacked and players were floating around, there was a need for one of our CBs to push up into the space in midfield or out wide. Fernandinho has the ability and the agility to get around a lot more comfortably and play the more attacking roles more effectively than Stones. I assume Otamendi got the nod over Stones because he's better at being an aggressive defender who can snuff out danger early.

There's an obvious weakness with Fernandinho at CB; he's not a CB. This'll be apparent if he ever plays there and we really find ourselves on the back foot for a spell, particularly if we're facing a real aerial bombardment, like when we were away at United last year. But Arsenal were never going to cause us too many problems aerially from open play and they aren't coordinated enough to truly pin us back, so Fernandinho ended up working with great success.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.