Pelligrini ensures legend status

I'd go with class. As in classy - not displaying anger or unduly upsetting anyone.

And soft spot. As in he refuses to criticize City or any former squad which he managed.

And he won a title - is that "legend" qualification?

But as a manager - he totally sucked. He did of course right the side following the disasters fallout with of the squad with Mancini - but quite honestly - you - hired as a manager - would have done so too - or virtually any human picked at random.
Did you stop for a few tall drinks between your third paragraph and that last nonsense?

I didn’t call him a legend, but I admired his qualities as a manager (proven in more places than Manchester, btw) and spokesperson for City during a period when the knives were out over money even more than they are now.

BTW, don’t sober up...Trump’s SOTU is coming on in a few minutes and virtually the only way to watch that will be drunk!!!

Agreed with all of what you've posted.

Pellers is a classy person for sure.

Mancini is pretty much a dick - can't get along with anyone.

But I love Mancini - for driving his side to success and his ability to identify class players.

Both Mancini and Pellers have been very complementary to City once their tenures came to an end - very classy.

But I loath Pellers for his lack of attention to detail and his utter lack of ability to motivate the side and his tactical/strategic ineptitude- yeah - I get it that Pellers was a dead man walking in our squad. My criticisms stand nonetheless.
Fuck me the irony in that statement !!!

The Charming Man, still the most successful manager.
He could've won more but don't forget the cartel's FFP and those same bent refs that are giving the dippers offside goals and blatant dives pennos did rob us during his second and third seasons.
Legend! you rags and dippers like entitled knob heads, you.

Did you stop for a few tall drinks between your third paragraph and that last nonsense?

I didn’t call him a legend, but I admired his qualities as a manager (proven in more places than Manchester, btw) and spokesperson for City during a period when the knives were out over money even more than they are now.

BTW, don’t sober up...Trump’s SOTU is coming on in a few minutes and virtually the only way to watch that will be drunk!!!

Now there's somebody that The Swamp Donkeys could sound out if Ole falls foul of the Stretford Dead End! He'd work wonders with Poogba!

I was saving this thread to read this morning to enjoy but it fell apart in the USA.

I found Peli to be a lovely embassador for the club but I must admit in his last season he'd frustrate me at times but following Bobby whatever he did he was never going to be accepted by all our fans, he'd be looked back on much more fondly by the miopic if our manager trail had gone Bobby....Clueless....Peli.

I was saving this thread to read this morning to enjoy but it fell apart in the USA.

I found Peli to be a lovely embassador for the club but I must admit in his last season he'd frustrate me at times but following Bobby whatever he did he was never going to be accepted by all our fans, he'd be looked back on much more fondly by the miopic if our manager trail had gone Bobby....Clueless....Peli.

Erm nah

Don't forget he had the rug pulled out from under him with the ridiculous timing of the Pep announcement. We'd just won a really tough game at Sunderland to either go top or close in on the leaders and then we imploded over the next few weeks. The manner of that win at Sunderland suggested we were primed for the run in, who knows what would've happened without the announcement. Leicester won it with only 81 points.

Don't forget he had the rug pulled out from under him with the ridiculous timing of the Pep announcement. We'd just won a really tough game at Sunderland to either go top or close in on the leaders and then we imploded over the next few weeks. The manner of that win at Sunderland suggested we were primed for the run in, who knows what would've happened without the announcement. Leicester won it with only 81 points.
He did NOT have the rug pulled from underneath him.He was very much aware that when City first sounded him out,that it would be ONLY a three year contract and we would be pursuing Pep who also had a three year contract at Bayern.

He did NOT have the rug pulled from underneath him.He was very much aware that when City first sounded him out,that it would be ONLY a three year contract and we would be pursuing Pep who also had a three year contract at Bayern.
I wasn't privy to the contract negotiations myself but my point was that had they delayed the announcement the season may have turned out differently

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.