Pelligrini ensures legend status

I wasn't privy to the contract negotiations myself but my point was that had they delayed the announcement the season may have turned out differently
How and why ?
The world and his wife knew of the impending news.It had NO bearing at all as Pelli fully understood the situation.This has been verified by numerous sources since and it originally did NOT come from City anyway.

I wasn't privy to the contract negotiations myself but my point was that had they delayed the announcement the season may have turned out differently

It was Pellegrini's decision, he requested permission from the club to announce his departure becsuse of the hysteria the Guardiola speculation was creating.

He has since acknowledged he made a bad call.

How and why ?
The world and his wife knew of the impending news.It had NO bearing at all as Pelli fully understood the situation.This has been verified by numerous sources since and it originally did NOT come from City anyway.
There were rumours in the press but these had been around ever since Sorriano and Txiki arrived. Could City have done more to keep the courting of Pep under wraps though.

Regardless of mounting speculation, an official announcement half way through the season did us no favours.

It was Pellegrini's decision, he requested permission from the club to announce his departure becsuse of the hysteria the Guardiola speculation was creating.

He has since acknowledged he made a bad call.
Released in spain by those meddling barca lot so really we had no choice but to announce it,mp can't complain as he did the same to bobby

You don`t know that at all.Mere speculation.
True but our drop off in form was immediate, almost literally - Leicester scored in the first bloody minute didn't they - and the performance that day was so disjointed that it's not a big leap of faith to think the announcement had something to do with it.

True but our drop off in form was immediate, almost literally - Leicester scored in the first bloody minute didn't they - and the performance that day was so disjointed that it's not a big leap of faith to think the announcement had something to do with it.

Pellegrini agrees or at least he accepts it may have played it's part

"After Guardiola said he was coming to England it was my decision (to go public) because all the media was talking about Guardiola here, Guardiola in Arsenal, Guardiola in Manchester United,"

"It was not fair for all managers - when everyone knew he was coming here.

"If I ask if I would do that again... I have some doubts.

"Yes. I am very self-critical about what I do. Always. I don't want to use (this) as an excuse but it was so difficult to work after that - not for me, for the players.

"It's impossible to know if it was the right decision but when you see the consequence of losing immediately three games in a row, when you are winning the last five or something....

"The most difficult thing in a group is when you break something. Something was broken in that moment."

Pellegrini agrees or at least he accepts it may have played it's part

"After Guardiola said he was coming to England it was my decision (to go public) because all the media was talking about Guardiola here, Guardiola in Arsenal, Guardiola in Manchester United,"

"It was not fair for all managers - when everyone knew he was coming here.

"If I ask if I would do that again... I have some doubts.

"Yes. I am very self-critical about what I do. Always. I don't want to use (this) as an excuse but it was so difficult to work after that - not for me, for the players.

"It's impossible to know if it was the right decision but when you see the consequence of losing immediately three games in a row, when you are winning the last five or something....

"The most difficult thing in a group is when you break something. Something was broken in that moment."
Would he have wanted to go public had the speculation not been so intense though ?

I'm not trying to apportion blame, more lamenting a missed opportunity

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.