TV Series

Gomorrah absolutely runnin tings at mine at the minute.

Nice one @Zin 'messiah' Zimmer :)

tumblr_p2d241ICot1rctcffo1_500.gif

Just finished series 1 of Tin Star. Absolute dog shit. Made bearable by Tim Roth. Won't be watching series 2.

Started on Escape at Dannemora. Slow burn, very promising. Del Toro is excellent.

Last edited:
Just finished series 1 of Tin Star. Absolute dog shit. Made bearable by Tim Roth. Won't be watching series 2.

Started on Escape from Dannemora. Slow burn, very promising. Del Toro is excellent.
Tin Star is made well, but big questions over the characters and plotlines. It just seems an excuse to do something fancy with the camera/soundtrack half the time. I think it's trying to be like Fargo, but it fails.
Escape from Dannemora was very good. A bit slow at times early on, but it's worth it. There was one episode in particular where I felt, "yeah, glad I watched it now".

@Thorin Oakenshield and myself had a bit of a natter about that. We agreed this was the best way to go in order to avoid the politics hurting some of their IP. I wonder how many films were actually good they got cold feat about for some stupid selfish, likely bonus related, reason. Just look at the marketing for Dredd, lionsgate, EFD in the UK, rubbish. No idea if it was Disney who ultimately who owned Dredd then but that is what they want to avoid and this helps. They can to an extent wash their hands of any dealings with r-related stuff and point to whoever they get in to run it should middle America complain.

The r-rated people can also get on with the job free of having to worry about sensibilities. They have already shifted Katherine Kennedy upstairs where she can't do any more damage to the Star Wars brand. This would be two very good decisions in quick order from Disney.

Not sure why they gave Kennedy and Johnson an already established franchise to use as a vehicle for their own political agendas. I hope they learn from that and say to these people go and make an indi film or that they will fund the film; However it has to be off the sweat of their own back, no more jumping on well established franchises. I think with moving Kennedy though they may have learned that lesson. Johnson i think, will not be getting any offers to direct and/or write anymore big franchise films any time soon either.

I rather like these type of discussions, so include me them next time, please??!

Yes, there's a LOT going on at Disney.

It will be interesting to see what the finished restructuring gives us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.