Spurs 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would say that Spurs are every bit as much a target as City. It's all about selling papers / broadcasting slots / advertising. I would estimate that Spurs' UK fan base is as big as City's still, even if City's global fan base has now grown much bigger than Spurs'. And since we're talking about the UK media, stories about Spurs will sell as well as stories about City.

It's just that the stories will usually be of a different nature for obvious reasons. City aren't often criticised for their lack of recent silverware. Spurs are. City aren't mocked for being bottlers. Spurs are. City fans don't have to read multiple, daily stories about players or the manager imminently leaving. Spurs fans do. City suffers from negative media coverage on different issues to Spurs. That's all.

So you haven’t read or heard the stories (speculation) every year since Kun Agüero arrived at City that he is about to move to Réal Madrid?

Or the claims in the media last season that Raheem was off to your "friends" and neighbours as part of the deal to bring the mercenary to Etihad?

Obviously not, because our players are never the subject of media rumours.

I would say that Spurs are every bit as much a target as City. It's all about selling papers / broadcasting slots / advertising. I would estimate that Spurs' UK fan base is as big as City's still, even if City's global fan base has now grown much bigger than Spurs'. And since we're talking about the UK media, stories about Spurs will sell as well as stories about City.

It's just that the stories will usually be of a different nature for obvious reasons. City aren't often criticised for their lack of recent silverware. Spurs are. City aren't mocked for being bottlers. Spurs are. City fans don't have to read multiple, daily stories about players or the manager imminently leaving. Spurs fans do. City suffers from negative media coverage on different issues to Spurs. That's all.
We have had our best players are leaving for years,esp before big games,not one of them has left but they still do it,mancini was asked all the time when was he going to get sacked,we are serial winners and not bottlers but you are,before we started to win stuff we got that treatment as well,even after getting 100pts the media script was but we can't be considered a great team till we retain the title,you are getting nothing compared to what we get

We have had our best players are leaving for years,esp before big games,not one of them has left but they still do it,mancini was asked all the time when was he going to get sacked,we are serial winners and not bottlers but you are,before we started to win stuff we got that treatment as well,even after getting 100pts the media script was but we can't be considered a great team till we retain the title,you are getting nothing compared to what we get

I respectfully disagree. You only think that because you don't spend much time searching for Spurs stories.

So you haven’t read or heard the stories (speculation) every year since Kun Agüero arrived at City that he is about to move to Réal Madrid?

Or the claims in the media last season that Raheem was off to your "friends" and neighbours as part of the deal to bring the mercenary to Etihad?

Obviously not, because our players are never the subject of media rumours.

Every year? Try every day!

I respectfully disagree. You only think that because you don't spend much time searching for Spurs stories.
Th media love poch and sir harry,you get away with murder,i read the papers,watch the games and dip into talkshite,the media love poch hence they are pushing for him to go to the rags,for a manager who hasn't won anything he sure does get a free pass

Th media love poch and sir harry,you get away with murder,i read the papers,watch the games and dip into talkshite,the media love poch hence they are pushing for him to go to the rags,for a manager who hasn't won anything he sure does get a free pass

Bingo.

He looks like he’s won a few T-shirts doing food eating challenges the little fat ****.

You get it every window as you have a history of selling your best players. We get it every window for no reason.

Spurs have sold a grand total of 4, maybe 5 players that we didn't want to sell over the past 15 years. This so called history is actually just another media myth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.