Spurs 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would say that Spurs are every bit as much a target as City. It's all about selling papers / broadcasting slots / advertising. I would estimate that Spurs' UK fan base is as big as City's still, even if City's global fan base has now grown much bigger than Spurs'. And since we're talking about the UK media, stories about Spurs will sell as well as stories about City.

It's just that the stories will usually be of a different nature for obvious reasons. City aren't often criticised for their lack of recent silverware. Spurs are. City aren't mocked for being bottlers. Spurs are. City fans don't have to read multiple, daily stories about players or the manager imminently leaving. Spurs fans do. City suffers from negative media coverage on different issues to Spurs. That's all.

Well you're wrong.

The positive p.r. Spurs got under Redknapp for example, compared to the negativity City got at the time, was absolutely ridiculous.

Kudos to @JimB he backs his club to the hilt.

I think the regular spuds on here get an unnecessarily hard time. They tend to be consistent and reasonable in their posts and are a total contrast to the myopic dippers.

If we don't win the league I'd prefer spuds to but I just can't see it happening. I'd agree with poch, even if I'm misquoting him, that top four is the aspiration. Spuds do seem to keep blowing it from good positions, league and cups.

Well you're wrong.

The positive p.r. Spurs got under Redknapp for example, compared to the negativity City got at the time, was absolutely ridiculous.

Harry had his pals in the media, after all. Nothing to do with Spurs. When Levy rightly got rid of him, Spurs copped a load of flak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.