Song lyrics you never understood.

Hahaha

I was reading the comments section on that YouTube video and someone claims to have interpreted what the gibberish words actually mean, brilliant!
Why would you even want to make sense of that?

Occasionally, as I get older, I need a little reminder as to why I adore women so much. In a funny sort of way, that clip provided such an aide-memoire.

We never win at home
And we never win away
We lost last week and we lost today
We don’t give a fuck ‘cause we’re all pissed up
MCFC, ok.

Never understood it (I was born on 13 May 2012). Is it about sex?
Someone should write a follow up:
"When we were shit........and it was exciting"

Not impenetrable lyrics, just a great nonsense do-wah intro. Prize for the first poster to give me the next line.

Dum dum dum dummy do-wah,
Oo yea yea yea ah
O wo wo-ah.. ah
..???

You’re right the lyrics don’t make much sense. Reading through them though reminds me what a great song and album they came from. The man was a genius
I seem to remember seeing a documentary on David Bowie years ago in which it showed him writing a song by writing single lines of lyrics on small pieces of paper, then randomly rearranging the papers to make the song.

I seem to remember seeing a documentary on David Bowie years ago in which it showed him writing a song by writing single lines of lyrics on small pieces of paper, then randomly rearranging the papers to make the song.
Yep saw it too.
I think a lot of Let’s Dance was written this way.

Peter Gabriel ....

Working in gardens, thornless roses
Fat men play with their garden hoses
Poolside laughter has a cynical bite
Sausage speared by the cocktail satellite
All sounds a bit underage to me.

Thornless roses, under developed.
Garden hoses, dicks.
Poolside laughter cynical, general pervy behaviour.
Sausage speared, hyman.

Maybe it's my mind....

IMHO If the songs good enough I’m not sure how important the lyrics are. Look at Led Zeppelin for instance - great music but in the main poor or meaningless lyrics. The lyrics to Marillion’s Punch and Judy are very clever or many Rush tracks but I see them as the icing on the cake - it’s not often they will transform an average track to a great one

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.