Benjamin Mendy - 2018/19 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think hes a Legend in certain ways. He's had terrible luck with injuries enough to make any footballer depressed and yet Mendy is enjoying himself and making millions of other people have a smile and a laugh around the world with his banter. I think your a knob if you dont condone Mendys contribution.

He will be a legend for me when he starts proving he's a £50m full back on the pitch , hopefully he will get over this 2nd serious knee injury and prove his worth to the team , what i have seen of him is promising , but we havent seen his Monaco form yet , he was an absolute monster of a player at Monaco and possibly the best left back in europe a couple of years ago.

I think all Blues would love to see Mendy recreate his Monaco form which convinced us to splash the cash on him.

What probably frustrates us & probably Pep is as a professional footballer he really needs to grow up more. I love his enthusiasm & positive attitude on life but at times it feels he doesn’t treat his body & out take in solidifying that left back position as his & nobody else is going to grab it from him mentality.

If you’re recovering from an injury its the small details that get you back stronger & quickly. He’s a grown man & no one including Pep should really be telling him what to do to get back to prime form- it really should be within you. For example yes i’ve got the money & contacts to go see that Anthony Joshua fight or Super Bowl but I really should be resting my body & get up early for rehabilitation. I’m not quite sure that’s his first trail of thought when such opportunities are presented to him.

Eventually his blessed natural athletic abilities will deteriorate & you need to compensate that with a more disciplined mental attitude on football life - Zaba being a prime example.

What is obvious though he is a much liked character within the squad & certainly contributes to the much talked about team chemistry Pep is striving to achieve & maintain.

He will be a legend for me when he starts proving he's a £50m full back on the pitch , hopefully he will get over this 2nd serious knee injury and prove his worth to the team , what i have seen of him is promising , but we havent seen his Monaco form yet , he was an absolute monster of a player at Monaco and possibly the best left back in europe a couple of years ago.
Shame Gundog doesn't get that kind of love.

I find Mendy to be an irritating character but I'm a miserable old bastard who can't stand social media. Give me a Pablo Zabaleta type any time but the fact is he has contributed the square root of fuck all for us in over a season and a half. I'll judge him when and if he ever puts in a big run of games but the signs aren't overly promising currently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.