Away tickets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feel sorry for the younger generations who are football fans. At least we've seen the good and bad and had the joy of standing on the Kippax. If this Euro Bollocks League kicks off then it's game over for football. Why do they (the administrators) think this is what the fans want?

It’s not the traditional support they’re arsed about. Fans in china, India, the U.S etc will outspend the traditional support without ever stepping foot in a stadium. Like anything, it driven by making more money.

More midweek premier league games will make it very difficult for my wife and I to carry on with the commitment of a season ticket. Every midweek game costs me over £50 in wages. Plus the thought of going out on a Saturday night to watch city doesn’t really sit well with us. We like going to the gane then it being over at a time which allows to do whatever we choose that evening. I also work every 3rd Sunday with a 4-5am start so an 8pm kick off will be awful. Everyone’s circumstances are different though and the thought of a Saturday 8pm kick off might sound great to others.

it sounds like (possibly) decisions may have been made & the last 88 pages have had everyone getting sentimental, selfish & hopeful for nothing unless they can afford flights out of the country every other week. I suppose the clubs in Spain don't travel to away games in there own country in numbers so no change for them!!! I don't pretend to know what the implications would be with current TV deals if th S was to happen soon.

It’s not the traditional support they’re arsed about. Fans in china, India, the U.S etc will outspend the traditional support without ever stepping foot in a stadium. Like anything, it driven by making more money.

More midweek premier league games will make it very difficult for my wife and I to carry on with the commitment of a season ticket. Every midweek game costs me over £50 in wages. Plus the thought of going out on a Saturday night to watch city doesn’t really sit well with us. We like going to the gane then it being over at a time which allows to do whatever we choose that evening. I also work every 3rd Sunday with a 4-5am start so an 8pm kick off will be awful. Everyone’s circumstances are different though and the thought of a Saturday 8pm kick off might sound great to others.

I just can't see any prem games in tandem with a euro league. if the euro goes ahead the games will be Sat and Sun so ALL prem games will be midweek, there simply wont be room. unless they omit the fa cup and league cup from the schedule thus in turn devaluing them instantly. if the euro league does become a "closed shop" then neither cup can offer euro entry. its then I fear for the future of the game in this country, tv wont want to know in this country, no relegation so no parachute payments, smaller clubs will fold, mid size clubs will merge i.e. Sheffield Wednesday and United will simply be "Sheffield FC" and of course dozens of players, coaches and managers will no longer be required. of course the light will go on in ten years time (they are greedy not thick) when they realise there is no players coming through, with most youth systems gone due to finances there will nobody to pluck from a "smaller club". Even Mbappe by then will be nearing the end of his career, they can never replace him cos the new Mbappe is a welder in Stoke cos his club couldn't keep him on.

enjoy your footy whilst you can people cos the times are a changing.

I just can't see any prem games in tandem with a euro league. if the euro goes ahead the games will be Sat and Sun so ALL prem games will be midweek, there simply wont be room. unless they omit the fa cup and league cup from the schedule thus in turn devaluing them instantly. if the euro league does become a "closed shop" then neither cup can offer euro entry. its then I fear for the future of the game in this country, tv wont want to know in this country, no relegation so no parachute payments, smaller clubs will fold, mid size clubs will merge i.e. Sheffield Wednesday and United will simply be "Sheffield FC" and of course dozens of players, coaches and managers will no longer be required. of course the light will go on in ten years time (they are greedy not thick) when they realise there is no players coming through, with most youth systems gone due to finances there will nobody to pluck from a "smaller club". Even Mbappe by then will be nearing the end of his career, they can never replace him cos the new Mbappe is a welder in Stoke cos his club couldn't keep him on.

enjoy your footy whilst you can people cos the times are a changing.

I think a lot of the traditional support will form breakaway clubs. Let the money men ruin the game at the top level in this vulgar chase for more cash. Football in this county will carry on in its own way.

That’s where my support will go anyway because I simply cannot get enthusiastic or passionate about city competing in a league format that’s all about money and money only. I’d probably still watch on the television but as far as being in attendance, I doubt it very much.

So like you say, enjoy your football as it is now because some changes are likely on the horizon that’ll change it all to the point it’s unrecognisable.

I pay nearly £40 a game as it is now (x2) so who knows how much they’ll expect for home games against the elite on the continent? There’s no way I’ll be paying £50+ (x2) for us to play inter Milan or whoever on a Saturday night.

I heard an interview with the Barcelona president (or whoever) on a bbc football podcast and he alluded to big clubs across Europe agreeing to a new format of European competition that’ll be played over the weekends. He sounded convinced that it’s going to happen pretty soon. 16 or 18 team league.

Apparently the premier league clubs who are involved already know their involved but are scared of announcing anything. Whether that means that the likes of real, Barca, Munich, Milan etc have already told their supporters or not I don’t know.

Either way it seems highly likely that city playing on a Saturday night, 8pm kick off against another big boy of European football will become the norm.

How will that affect the traditional support?

It won’t affect us much, because we won’t be invited to be in it! I can’t imagine that the same clubs who have spent the last decade browbeating UEFA into punishing us at every opportunity, are suddenly going to want us in their new tournament. This will be their opportunity to rid themselves of a problem.....

It won’t affect us much, because we won’t be invited to be in it! I can’t imagine that the same clubs who have spent the last decade browbeating UEFA into punishing us at every opportunity, are suddenly going to want us in their new tournament. This will be their opportunity to rid themselves of a problem.....
Weren’t city at the meetings and one of the clubs pushing for it

With a bit of luck you’ll be right. I hope fans of all the clubs that could be involved in it start a campaign against it.

We have a culture of away support that should be protected. It’s ok for the likes of Real Madrid or Barcelona who don’t have travelling suppprt like the English clubs have. I’m not sure if they travel in Italy but Germany is probably similar to ours.

I think our name was added to the list of pro breakaway clubs to guarantee negative media

...... is the correct answer. Der Spiegel mentioned us as having been involved, but about a week later I think La Marca said that initial discussions had involved only Bayern, Juve, Madrid and Barca. I’ll be staggered (in the event that such a league gets off the ground) if we aren’t excluded

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.