Away tickets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn’t surprise me although city didn’t come out and deny it like arsenal

True but it’s very dangerous in comms terms to get yourself in a position that you have to deny everything you don’t agree with. I was walking away from the swamp after City won 2-1 about 5 years ago. A rag told me Arsene Wenger was a lasso cos he’d never denied it!

I just can't see any prem games in tandem with a euro league. if the euro goes ahead the games will be Sat and Sun so ALL prem games will be midweek, there simply wont be room. unless they omit the fa cup and league cup from the schedule thus in turn devaluing them instantly. if the euro league does become a "closed shop" then neither cup can offer euro entry. its then I fear for the future of the game in this country, tv wont want to know in this country, no relegation so no parachute payments, smaller clubs will fold, mid size clubs will merge i.e. Sheffield Wednesday and United will simply be "Sheffield FC" and of course dozens of players, coaches and managers will no longer be required. of course the light will go on in ten years time (they are greedy not thick) when they realise there is no players coming through, with most youth systems gone due to finances there will nobody to pluck from a "smaller club". Even Mbappe by then will be nearing the end of his career, they can never replace him cos the new Mbappe is a welder in Stoke cos his club couldn't keep him on.

enjoy your footy whilst you can people cos the times are a changing.

were all DOOMED

True but it’s very dangerous in comms terms to get yourself in a position that you have to deny everything you don’t agree with. I was walking away from the swamp after City won 2-1 about 5 years ago. A rag told me Arsene Wenger was a lasso cos he’d never denied it!
Haha true

Some bizarre recent comments on this thread about some kind of apocalypse in European football. UEFA confirmed last week there won't be a super league. The only changes that may happen is that Champs league games may be switched to weekends. Not sure how that equates to mass redundancy and club mergers as some have mentioned !!

English clubs earn far more from the Premier League TV deal that they do from the Champs League - even if they were to win it Champs League. Why on earth would the English Champs Leagues teams sacrifice the PL money when they can have that as well as the Champs league money ?? Its never gonna happen so I would be worried about it.

Lets get this thread back onto the serious issues about away tickets

Some bizarre recent comments on this thread about some kind of apocalypse in European football. UEFA confirmed last week there won't be a super league. The only changes that may happen is that Champs league games may be switched to weekends. Not sure how that equates to mass redundancy and club mergers as some have mentioned !!

English clubs earn far more from the Premier League TV deal that they do from the Champs League - even if they were to win it Champs League. Why on earth would the English Champs Leagues teams sacrifice the PL money when they can have that as well as the Champs league money ?? Its never gonna happen so I would be worried about it.

Lets get this thread back onto the serious issues about away tickets
so when do we play prem games?, group games alone take up 6 weekends, then there are the international breaks and fa cup weeks. I still say we cant have both comps.

...... is the correct answer. Der Spiegel mentioned us as having been involved, but about a week later I think La Marca said that initial discussions had involved only Bayern, Juve, Madrid and Barca. I’ll be staggered (in the event that such a league gets off the ground) if we aren’t excluded
The document produced by Der Spiegel, which included our name on a Memorandum of Understanding or Term Sheet, was highly unlikely to have been genuine.

Der Spiegel making things up eh? Hard to believe I know. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-46666389

so when do we play prem games?, group games alone take up 6 weekends, then there are the international breaks and fa cup weeks. I still say we cant have both comps.

We are playing both comps at the moment.There would be no extra games to be played. All that would happen is the champs league games would be played at the weekend and the corresponding PL game for the week of Champs league games would be switched to midweek.

I'm sure its a not a great idea for supporters but it will suit UEFA as they will get access to a tv markets they cant access with evening midweek kickoffs, and the clubs will be weighed in financially. And the domestic leagues will accept it as a compromise against any super league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.