Media coverage 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well for a neutral and for their pogramming, a one sided game is no good, so of course they would want shalke to be in the game.

These comments from keown are not wishing us to lose, just wanting a decent game, the other lad though was a cockend wjo sounded dissappinted

and he would be saying that if Arsenal were playing? dont fool yourself. the guy is an utter clown!

I believe that this specimen is a highly insignificant number. There are those who want City to win - us - the rest of the viewers who were temporary Schalke fans, and then the handful of 'neutrals'! It doesn't matter who we play, where we play, whenever there is a broadcast City game the commentator is clearly miffed when we score and bursting with delight when we concede. There might be a few who demonstrate fake glee when we get the upper hand but they're screaming their lungs out when Eddie lets one in, and the glorious goal from Raheem last night is labelled 'a tap in'! Just imagine the uncontrolled and unfettered delight were Raheem wearing a red shirt last night. We would have thirteen of the fourteen articles on the BBC and MEN website.
Yeah whoever we play even if we get praise we're never ever spoken about nor is the commentary slanted in our favour.

And the funny thing was on Radio Manc/Radio 5 I swear Danny Mills was wearing his old City shirt. He just oozed optimism and poo-pooed the first pen and the sending off!
i met the guy on a flight from cyprus to mcr a few years back. he was wearing a QPR away top, i dont know his connection to that club (he was doing a radio commentary for a Spurs game in nicosia the night before, so not QPR related). i think he just gravitates to whichever team is paying him at the time, or whoever he can get the most cash/publicity/rise out of.

Well for a neutral and for their pogramming, a one sided game is no good, so of course they would want shalke to be in the game.

These comments from keown are not wishing us to lose, just wanting a decent game, the other lad though was a cockend wjo sounded dissappinted

That's what I would read into the Keown comment. It's too easy to see everything as negative.

Ian Darke and Martin Keown were shocking last night. I have rewatched the match and the amount of negative comments was unbelievable. They questioned whether we were 'up for the fight', repeatedly questioned Pep's tactics, particularly when he took Sergio off, despite neither of them ever managing / coaching at any standard. Keown repeatedly mentioned the Newcastle game, making inferences that the performance was similar, despite it being nothing of the sort. Their negativity was palpable throughout, this isn't about wanting special treatment, this is about broadcasting corporations employing commentators who are fit for purpose and not purely spouting nonsense and incorrect information. Very poor from BT, as always. Such desperation to see us fail.

I believe that this specimen is a highly insignificant number. There are those who want City to win - us - the rest of the viewers who were temporary Schalke fans, and then the handful of 'neutrals'! It doesn't matter who we play, where we play, whenever there is a broadcast City game the commentator is clearly miffed when we score and bursting with delight when we concede. There might be a few who demonstrate fake glee when we get the upper hand but they're screaming their lungs out when Eddie lets one in, and the glorious goal from Raheem last night is labelled 'a tap in'! Just imagine the uncontrolled and unfettered delight were Raheem wearing a red shirt last night. We would have thirteen of the fourteen articles on the BBC and MEN website.
Guy Mowbray, Bill Leslie, Rob Hawthorne, Ian Crocker, and the best co-commentator out there Davie Provan are all decent

Ian Darke and Martin Keown were shocking last night. I have rewatched the match and the amount of negative comments was unbelievable. They questioned whether we were 'up for the fight', repeatedly questioned Pep's tactics, particularly when he took Sergio off, despite neither of them ever managing / coaching at any standard. Keown repeatedly mentioned the Newcastle game, making inferences that the performance was similar, despite it being nothing of the sort. Their negativity was palpable throughout, this isn't about wanting special treatment, this is about broadcasting corporations employing commentators who are fit for purpose and not purely spouting nonsense and incorrect information. Very poor from BT, as always. Such desperation to see us fail.

Spot on mate. At least he resisted the financial doping dig this time.

2 years ago I cancelled BT Sport as I was so disgusted with the tone of the commentary and punditry toward City. I told them so. Recently I was considering subscribing again, not just for the football but also the MotoGP which this season, looks like it could be an exciting one.
So thanks Blues for the comments in this thread. They have reminded me that my original decision was the right one. They really are a biased bunch and I can feel smug knowing that I for one am not contributing to their wages. It feels good.

2 years ago I cancelled BT Sport as I was so disgusted with the tone of the commentary and punditry toward City. I told them so. Recently I was considering subscribing again, not just for the football but also the MotoGP which this season, looks like it could be an exciting one.
So thanks Blues for the comments in this thread. They have reminded me that my original decision was the right one. They really are a biased bunch and I can feel smug knowing that I for one am not contributing to their wages. It feels good.
Last night’s pre-game and post-game studio debates were the most pro-City I’ve ever heard.

Darke got drawn into Keown’s way of thinking because he’s weak willed and Keown who hates us was chatting shit.

(By the way, does Darke say “this was not in the script” every time he commentates? I seem to remember it was a line he always said when he commentated on the boxing n’all.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.