New breed of away fan

Shit, good point. So anyone attending an away day in Europe isn’t allowed to go on the beer and have a sing song. Thanks for clearing that up sunshine. I’m glad you weren’t in the Augustiner Keller in Munich in 2013 when myself and a few better known members of this forum were amongst hundreds of blues singing for hours and busy drinking the place dry. Shocking behaviour that was.

Listen nobby, I didn't say anything like that, but throwing beer, pint pots, not being able to stand, is a different matter. If you condone that behaviour , take a little look on the mirror.
I can assure you I drink plenty of beer, have a song and a laugh, but I don't disrespect those around me.
We are all different sunshine.

It was a strange European away game experience. The segregation was very low key and there was a lot of mixing of fans, plus beer available in the stands (blokes with mobile dispensers). There was a lot of drunkenness in the City end and aggressive behaviour. I like a drink as much as the next person, and the atmosphere generated between two sets of fans, but the root cause of trouble on Wednesday night was limited segregation and booze. I had several dickhead City fans near me that tarnished the occasion. I’m not a fan of beer in the stands because some fans drink too much then when there’s a goal you end up with beer up in the air. I saw several skirmishes after the match, with drunk City fans in groups having a go at one or two Schalke fans and damaging cars as we walked to the buses (again, fans were mixed). Overall it makes me think twice about European away days, even after scary events in Naples and Kharkiv and going to the last dozen CL away games. Why was the segregation so poor???!

I realise you succinct post is so true. And there is nothing the majority of us can do.

The majority of us also come from the same rough city.
Just because some of us don't choose to act like cvnts dosen't mean we can't act like cvnts when we need to.

Many fans have no problem dealing with the minority.
I have never had a problem when dealing with these knobs who go too far.
I have a very good tolerence of these fans as I adjust my standards and always remember where I am, football grounds have always been larery but I have seen much worse on the streets of Wythenshawe whilst growing up in the seventies.
If someone really pushes you buttons grow a pair and step up.

Just because some of us don't choose to act like cvnts dosen't mean we can't act like cvnts when we need to.

I have a very good tolerence of these fans as I adjust my standards and always remember where I am, football grounds have always been larery but I have seen much worse on the streets of Wythenshawe whilst growing up in the seventies.
So you are suggesting that this blue taking a disabled supporter to a game should take on the morons . and 'step up'... what do you think would happen next ???

Well said pal-horses for courses I know a lot of old school that go one way or the other depending on the people encountered

And just how should I have responded ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.