New breed of away fan

I don’t know who you go to the game with, but it’s been a bug bear of lads I’ve gone to the game with over the years that teams in Europe can drink in the stands, you can have a beer at a concert, rugby, cricket, why not football.

The rest of your post, I’m not really sure what you’re talking about.
I've edited the post.

The behaviour of drunken fans is the bug bear of the majority of fans who don't drink at games.

And if Schalke was a guide it obviously does nothing for the atmosphere in terms of vocal support for the team.

And this thread is littered with implied encouragement of the sort of violence that's left one of our fans in a coma.

Really? They lived opposite. Knew his younger brothers, Steven and Kevin. They all went Wilbraham?

I went to Claremont, for the smarter kids ;)

His dad was called Tom and they all worked for Royal Mail. His mum Carol was a nurse, who helped me when I fractured my skull one very early Sunday morning, jumping off my wardrobe as a seven year old.

Small world.
That’s the fella. We both went to Wilbraham primary and Central secondary.
Never knew Claremont was the Eton of that educational powerhouse, M14

I've edited the post.

The behaviour of drunken fans is the bug bear of the majority of fans who don't drink at games.

And if Schalke was a guide it obviously does nothing for the atmosphere in terms of vocal support for the team.

And this thread is littered with implied encouragement of the sort of violence that's left one of our fans in a coma.

I think the amount of coke consumed is probably a bigger problem than the alcohol but agree it certainly did nothing for our atmosphere the other night. I thought Everton away was really good in our end but in general our away atmosphere is pretty poor. The concourse is always rocking with people chucking five quid pints everyrwhere though. Anyone who had the misfortune of watching the rags beat Chelsea away last week couldn't fail to notice how good their away atmosphere was and is. Sure they've still got plenty of knobs coked out of their heads and chucking beer over people but at least they actually sing when in the stands.

“The worst thing I witnessed by far was the crush that ensued when the train pulled in at Gelsenkirchen after the match” said M18CTID. Yes, I agree - that was scary and totally unacceptable. Police stood on the platform smirking whilst we were crammed in and sweating and trying to get some air for the 30 minutes it took to actually get the train out of the station. And they wonder why we get angry?

You should have got the train to Essen change for Düsseldorf it was half empty. I tried to tell a few blues but they were singing get your tits out for the lads to a girl on the opposite platform.
When we got back to Düsseldorf we had a kebab opposite the station when you’re train arrived My lad said it looked like something out of the Living Dead.
Good trip.

I've edited the post.

My brother was a bit like you Vic. He used to love a good session and then he gave up the booze for about three years. During that period, our kid was always telling people how to behave.

You might be frustrated about the conduct of other Blues but your last comment is beneath you.

I've edited the post.

I’m not excusing the behaviour of the fans who cross the line. But the overwhelming majority of people who like a drink at the game do not throw pints, and are not there to cause trouble.

The atmosphere in Dusseldorf was fantastic from what I experienced. Loud and good-natured.

I was surprised at how quiet it was in our end in the ground. I don’t think it helped that our fans were separated in to three different sections.

I was in the front section and you couldn’t hear a murmour of the people behind the glass wall. I’m sure they were actually making a noise, but the glass wall was insulting the sound.

If all of our fans were together and not separated by glass and tiers, I’m sure the atmosphere would have been good, because there was clearly enough blues there who were up for singing.

I’m certainly not excusing or justifying violence at football. Far from it. But there have been some posts on here suggesting the Shalke fans were innocent bystanders and the City end was rammed full of coked-up, antagonistic dickheads causing all the trouble.

That’s not entirely true. The vast majority of City fans were there for the match, a beer and a sing song. There were some in the City end looking for trouble. But equally, there were Schalke fans throwing beer, doing Nazi salutes and looking to cause trouble themselves. It wasn’t a one-way street.

You should have got the train to Essen change for Düsseldorf it was half empty. I tried to tell a few blues but they were singing get your tits out for the lads to a girl on the opposite platform.
When we got back to Düsseldorf we had a kebab opposite the station when you’re train arrived My lad said it looked like something out of the Living Dead.
Good trip.

Now you fvcking tell us.

I don’t know who you go to the game with, but it’s been a bug bear of lads I’ve gone to the game with over the years that teams in Europe can drink in the stands, you can have a beer at a concert, rugby, cricket, why not football.

The rest of your post, I’m not really sure what you’re talking about.
I go to the rugby league in the Summer when there’s no football and alcohol in the stands is a nightmare. Same as being on the main floor in front of a stage at a gig. Knob heads throwing full pints in the air with no care who they land on.

Plus people in and out and in and out all game going to the bar and bringing multiple beers back spilling them all over people’s shoes on the way. I look after my footwear, don’t want beer all over them.

I hope beers in the stands never makes a come back in football in England

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.