League Cup Final Post - Match Thread

Just been watching the BBC news - sport bit, they did the whole mad goalie thing as expected and then ended with a clip of City players running to congratulate Sterling....

I suddenly realised - a dozen years ago, not in my wildest dreams would I have expected to see this. (I'm 50 so missed the late 60s success and had a long wait till 2011). My kids think: yawn yawn City win again, as usual & another trophy! I can't explain to them what it used to be like - the 100th FA Cup final for many years being my 'high point'.

Feeling old and happy, but mostly old.

Well getting up @2.45 am to watch the final was worth it in the end. A pity us going back to back in the competition will be overshadowed everywhere by the Chelsea keeper fiasco. But a great win, and well worth being tired for.

Special mention to Sterling for winning it with the last pen, and sticking it up those Chelsea fans ass as revenge.

Just been watching the BBC news - sport bit, they did the whole mad goalie thing as expected and then ended with a clip of City players running to congratulate Sterling....

I suddenly realised - a dozen years ago, not in my wildest dreams would I have expected to see this. (I'm 50 so missed the late 60s success and had a long wait till 2011). My kids think: yawn yawn City win again, as usual & another trophy! I can't explain to them what it used to be like - the 100th FA Cup final for many years being my 'high point'.

Feeling old and happy, but mostly old.
I’m 35 in a bit more than a week and still know exactly what you mean. My nephews and nieces really do not understand why I celebrate our trophies so much.

in a lot of ways that was a predictable performance from both teams. CFC were not going to be crushed again, on the big stage, and were very difficult to get in behind.
Towards the end they could see that they were not about to be humiliated and actually attacked and caused us a few problems. They still seemed to be banking on a shoot-out though, whereas City played to our tried and tested threading-the-needle tactics but our two most influencial players, D.Silva and KdB were a bit flat (not unusual lately) so clear-cut chances were rare. Tough game against a determined and physical opposition, so big credit to the team for the win. Proud to be a blue........

Concerned about the changes we had to make.
Think we may be missing Fern for 3-4 weeks, hope we were just wrapping Dave and Kev in cotton wool - but neither were at their best today

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.