Plantar Fasciitis

Bilboblue

Anybody had it? How did it affect you, and what did you do to lessen it's severity, or get rid of it completely?

I've had it really bad for the last week or so, it got so bad yesterday I had to leave work early, every step I was taking, felt like someone was cutting my skin open with razor blades.

Had to take today off too, went to the quack and she diagnosed it as the above.

Anybody had it? How did it affect you, and what did you do to lessen it's severity, or get rid of it completely?

I've had it really bad for the last week or so, it got so bad yesterday I had to leave work early, every step I was taking, felt like someone was cutting my skin open with razor blades.

Amputation is your only option.

I had it - I changed my shoes and it went. I was lucky. Painful in the mornings.

Get a rubber bouncy ball and stick it in the freezer, then when it's frozen, put it on the floor and roll your foot over it. Hurts like a mofo but releases the tendons nicely.

I have it. Mine is chromic as opposed to acute. A podiatrist should wrap your feet for a couple of weeks then leave them unwrapped for a few weeks to see if it returns.

If it returns, then you have chronic as opposed to acute. At least this is all my experience and what the podiatrist told me.

I had casts made of my feet to fit me out with a pair of orthotics and was given cortisone shots in my feet to ease the symptoms until the orthotics arrived.

I wear them almost all the time. I've actually happened upon a brand of athletic shoes that are a cross training shoe that I don't have to wear them during work outs. For some reason they must do whatever it is to make my feet not hurt, I don't know.

If anyone is young and thinking about a career the podiatrist told me people getting into the profession now will make LOADS of money because of people wanting to wear sandals/thong sandals/flip flops everywhere all the time. Apparently, they are not good at all for your feet.

Last edited:
I've been struggling with it for over 2 years now. Had physio which included ultrasound therapy and wearing kinetic tape etc. It helps a bit but always comes back.

I work 12 hour shifts and am on my feet for pretty much all that time so that doesn't help at all really.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.