Champions League Games 5/6 March

Shouldn't be too complicated so I'm not sure what's giving you trouble. A certain manager is paranoid because he feels a certain referee has it out for him. That doesn't make it true.

Situation 2: Fanboy sitting in his basement is convinced that Lahoz (for some reason or another ) has it out for Manchester City football club, without a shred of evidence or anything that might impel Lahoz to do so.

He's been fucking awful every time he's reffed us. So with friends like that who needs enemies.

I’ll be much happier once I see a decision like tonight’s happen to one of the darling clubs. As it stands I can’t help but fear VAR is, as you say, being used to get the intended result. But let’s be open minded, let’s see if a pen is given using VAR when it hits the back of a united, Liverpool or Barca player’s arm when he’s literally got his back to the ball and his arm is more or less dangling parallel to his body. I won’t hold my breath but maybe they are going to be consistent across the board on this.

Juventus ( A European heavyweight) and a darling club, conceded a 90th minute penalty that knocked them out of the UCL last year. Milan conceded a nothing penalty in the 2005 UCL final.

If there's cheating or an agenda, it would exist regardless of VAR. If these corrupt officials don't want to give decisions against darling clubs, then they'd refuse to do so, with or without VAR.

I'm neither agreeing nor disagreeing, I've said earlier in te thread, I'll worry about who we get in the next round, next Friday, once I know we're in it, until then I'm not really that arsed.

The is is true as if tonight and last night are evidence of this years narrative we are going out sir :-/

You've already forgotten which games you put down to our defenders mistakes?(hint...the Liverpool ones). You clearly want to move onto this 8years topic when it's neither here nor there and I've just told you I'm not even sure there is a conspiracy, certainly not for 8 years.

I think you'll find a lot on here will happily admit, that for a long time, even if there was a conspiracy, we did a good job of knocking ourselves out of Europe for most of those 8years(ie there'd have been no point in one).

Last year was different and again if you're putting us being knocked out by Liverpool, solely down to our defenders mistakes, then that is as I said, it's bollocks because with the right decisions, we would have gone through even if our defenders gifted two goals at Anfield.

If we'd have gone in 2-0 up with the 2 away goals(assuming we score the stonewall penalty) at the Etihad, I find it hard to believe we give up 2 goals in the second half the way we did. We'd have just passed them to death with keep ball while the crowd shouts Olé.

You're focused on 1 tie. I responded to a claim that "City aren't allowed to win the Champions League" so Ofcourse I'm interested in the entire tenure here. Was every elimination because of referring mistakes? If not, then that claim is blatantly false. And that's my entire point.

There will always be bad decisions. The decision to rule out Sané's goal was wrong, for example. But that's not the same as saying that a governing body is ensuring that a team doesn t win the competition.

Or course they “could” as it’s football but far less likely than A fully firing and fit PSG imo. Stop being scared of them. They aren’t that good... PSG on the other hand could smash the living daylights out of anyone on their day.
I would still rather play a fully fit PSG team than 2 more intense derbies, nobody on here is scared of the rags, its just that maybe drawing them in the champions league as well as the fa cup may affect us in the league. That is all blues are saying.

They will be deflated when they don’t touch the ball for the opening 10 mins.

They simply don’t have the individual brilliance that could hurt us in the way PSG could.

It’s a no brainier.

Its not a no brainer at all. The league game against them is going to be key IMO and playing a team with no hope of anything in the season would be far better than one with hopes of a CL and FA cup double, especially after the mess they have been through. Confidence comes from winning games and trophies. I would like to see them bereft of confidence and hope. You may disagree with me, but its certainly not a no brainer

Would be brilliant if the quarter final draws looked like this:

City (touch wood we go through) vs Porto
Barca/Lyon vs Atletico/Juve
Liverpool vs United
Spurs vs Ajax

Liverpool won't be able to 'focus on the league' with a tie like that.

Think I'll be hoping the scousers go through on the off chance it looks like the above.

Shouldn't be too complicated so I'm not sure what's giving you trouble. A certain manager is paranoid because he feels a certain referee has it out for him. That doesn't make it true.

Situation 2: Fanboy sitting in his basement is convinced that Lahoz (for some reason or another ) has it out for Manchester City football club, without a shred of evidence or anything that might impel Lahoz to do so.

There's plenty of evidence, open your eyes.

Neither am I, was looking forward to the implementation of VAR. I actually believed the law makers wanted to use it to get decisions right. However there have been a few incidents recently, mainly in La Liga that have me questioning the consistent application.

It's only just been brought in though! mistakes WILL be made until it's fine tuned to the fairness of the game. Nothing is 100% perfect! give them a chance to get it right.
At least the Europeans have had it a season before the PL implemented it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.