Champions League Games 5/6 March

Bollocks. I’d rather play them than PSG as PSG proved they are the far far better team.

My wish for City to progress is far far far greater than my hatred of United.

You’ll have to hold the biggest blue banner by yourself on this.
Yeah, far, far better (or to show I really mean it how about "far far far" (sic) better), which is why PSG are in the pot for the draw..

that is a penalty for kyev....huge handball from alonso JUST IN FRONT OF THE FUCKING USELESS REF WHO SIT IN LINE WITH THE GOAL......ONCE AGAIN WTF IS THE PURPOSE OF THESE USELESS SHITS?????????

Well the laws of the game do explicitly state that, as an offside player has not committed an offence until he [interferes], any offence against him should be penalised..
I've posted before during the Fernandinho / Walton debacle against Schalke, that if that's the ruling, okay.

But can't the attackers just stand offside and wait for the defenders to come barging in before hitting the deck and see what VAR turns up?

By the way, Walton changed his kilter when the exact same thing happened with Kane 4 days later

And when/if that happens we can all go mental.
So far they’ve been consistent in the round of 16 on VAR handball.

Consistent in incorrectly applying the rules of handball, in two games, differently to the interpretation in all the other previous rounds yes.

Definitely not consistent in applying the rules of what constitutes a foul.

I think I'll call those ridiculous, shit, decisions for what they are thanks. I don't want to see that as becoming the new rule for handball. It leaves games even more open to fixing.

I've posted before during the Fernandinho / Walton debacle against Schalke, that if that's the ruling, okay.

But can't the attackers just stand offside and wait for the defenders to come barging in before hitting the deck and see what VAR turns up?

By the way, Walton changed his kilter when the exact same thing happened with Kane 4 days later
That's the unintended consequences now of UEFA doubling down to protect a VAR fuckup. There'll be no more offside line at attacking free kicks as setting one up will just be inviting attackers to stand in offside positions blocking the typical defensive runs to the ball and looking for a foul. They'll have position and the defenders can't assume nobody is making a run around the back from an onside position so they'll have to defend the ball. After that it'll be a random 50/50 call whether the referee gives a free out for obstruction or decides the attacker was holding their ground and gives a penalty.
The old interpretation and the one the PL referees are using was that if you were in a position to be fouled you were active and affecting play and it made perfect sense with no problems until a VAR forgot to check for offside and UEFA refused to admit a mistake had been made.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.