Donating to Charities & Good Causes

I refuse to donate to any charity that pays its directors a fortune, so I dont really donate to charity anymore.
I think this has done huge harm to many charities, it happens, mainly with charities that advertise on tv.

I donate only to the Salvation Army, every year they quietly save countless lives through their drug and alcohol rehab centres. Sometimes people have nowhere else to go.

I think this has done huge harm to many charities, it happens, mainly with charities that advertise on tv.

I donate only to the Salvation Army, every year they quietly save countless lives through their drug and alcohol rehab centres. Sometimes people have nowhere else to go.

Even though I’m anything but religious, I have a lot of respect for the Sally Army.

Give money to Macmillan. Clothes etc etc to the Sally Army.

Macmillan because they looked after my Dad and Mum when they were dying of cancer. Sally Army because my whole family have been in it at some point in their lives, apart from me and my Brother the black sheep, and they do a hell of a lot of good work with the homeless.

if something catches my attention on gofundme i'll donate. Never donate to any charity that has a shop, they get stuff for free and try to sell it at full retail. Charity my arse.

if something catches my attention on gofundme i'll donate. Never donate to any charity that has a shop, they get stuff for free and try to sell it at full retail. Charity my arse.
I think 'Charity My Arse' is a bit harsh.
Im sure many on here have bought bargains from charity shops (I know I have)
And with the Salvation Army, the shops are vital in financing the rehab centres, which are a life saver for countless addicts.

That’s OK up to a point. In fact charity salaries are generally lower than in other sectors, with the gap growing the higher up you go.

Having done a contract job for a well-known children’s charity, I saw a culture of grade-chasing, greed and shit management. And strangely enough, their CEO has since had to fall on his sword owing to a scandal.

Now I’m not saying this is typical of large charities but it makes me doubly cautious when choosing an organisation to support.

And there’s the rub. Pay peanuts and you get monkeys.

My missus is the Deputy Manager in our local British Heart Foundation.
One of the things that pisses her off well and truly are the state of some of the clothes that are brought into the shop as so called "donations".
Soiled underwear (from both male and female) arrives on a regular basis and at times they feel people only "donate" clothes to get rid, instead of going to the tip ... seriously !!

My missus is the Deputy Manager in our local British Heart Foundation.
One of the things that pisses her off well and truly are the state of some of the clothes that are brought into the shop as so called "donations".
Soiled underwear (from both male and female) arrives on a regular basis and at times they feel people only "donate" clothes to get rid, instead of going to the tip ... seriously !!

Aren’t they missing a market opportunity for soiled underwear?

You’re right though. Another thing that rightly pisses them off is arriving in the morning to find the doorway clogged with overnight “donations”. Half of them are shite that should have gone to the tip and the other half have been pissed on by passing dogs.

I volunteer with Barnados and I can safely say that its you we need just as much the donations. Just a couple of hours a week helps and I have seen how good our youth are as we have plenty of DOE participants. You will always get a bargain and you get a further discount as a volunteer.

Oh you come asking now, when I offered Barnados my 2 kids a few years back they weren't interested.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.