UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
That we’re supremely self-confident about the outcome.

Sounds good to me GDM. My only reservation is that having once been unsuccessfully involved in what the Americans would call a “class action” against a government department, I have a healthy mistrust of our legal system. In a nutshell we won what was a slam dunk case and then won the appeal as well, only to end up losing the second appeal to what was unquestionably a politically motivated decision. If I was UEFA I might view hammering City and then gambling on the whim of a judge, as the least worst option......

We sound very confident. If we were given a transfer ban we would just appeal it, and we would have the summer to get a few new players. Our squad is so good, with a mix of young and more experienced players, that we could actually cope with a transfer ban for 2 windows.
Oh ffs.

Lots of guesswork being passed off as informed comment I reckon. No-one knows how this will play out but the calls for the club to go legal and take UEFA on in the courts are particularly misguided in my view. If it was 100% certain we would win then we would have done this first time round. The fact is it would takes years to reach a conclusion after appeals and so on and the risk is after all that we would lose and then we would be finished as a top level club.
Not arsed, let it take years for a conclusion got all the time in the world me,hey I waited 38 fuckin years to see city win a trophy,so I’m defo not bothered what the bent bastards at uefa are trying to do to us.

Lots of guesswork being passed off as informed comment I reckon. No-one knows how this will play out but the calls for the club to go legal and take UEFA on in the courts are particularly misguided in my view. If it was 100% certain we would win then we would have done this first time round. The fact is it would takes years to reach a conclusion after appeals and so on and the risk is after all that we would lose and then we would be finished as a top level club.

I don't think we could go to a court of law over this? We would go to CAS, in the event of sanction's. We could of course challenge the legality of ffp in the law courts, but that's pointless at this time with the Dupont case verdict seemingly due soon.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.