UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You do wonder, if one Portuguese man hacked so much information. You do wonder what City have on the saints of football at Uefa and it's old guard of fair-play protectors. We are 13% owned by the world's best hackers, allegedly of course.

13a.jpg

Ha, ha! Brilliant!

Smithers!!!

The statement City have put out is very strong. I think it is the opening salvo in an inevitable legal battle. Both us and UEFA have been backed into a corner and we can't back down. Sometimes things develop a momentum of their own. Hindsight is a great thing but we probably should have taken on the FFP rules back in 2012. We have no alternative but to go in strong now. It is a high risk strategy for both parties.
I hope we win the battle. As someone has posted, this is a big moment for our club. If we lose our case I wouldn't be surprised if we lead the breakaway to the rival world league we are already backing. I'm not convinced it would be a success and both us and UEFA will lose out in the long-term.

I reside in the school or thought described as philosophical pessimism , but I also absolutely believed Liverpool would walk the league after the defeats in December so what do I know.

I actually "think" our financial guys have fucked up somewhere so I'm not optimistic. If that's the case we should go down fighting and take every single UEFA based cartel issue with us so that as an organisation UEFA wont recover.

City should leave not one single stone unturned in this respect. Not one. Expose UEFA and the FFP monopoly to its bare bones. Do this behind closed doors if necessary and do a deal. If not , go to court. Go public. Go commando in all forms of media and damage UEFA forever.

Thanks for your time today

Lots of guesswork being passed off as informed comment I reckon. No-one knows how this will play out but the calls for the club to go legal and take UEFA on in the courts are particularly misguided in my view. If it was 100% certain we would win then we would have done this first time round. The fact is it would takes years to reach a conclusion after appeals and so on and the risk is after all that we would lose and then we would be finished as a top level club.

Lots of guesswork being passed off as informed comment I reckon. No-one knows how this will play out but the calls for the club to go legal and take UEFA on in the courts are particularly misguided in my view. If it was 100% certain we would win then we would have done this first time round. The fact is it would takes years to reach a conclusion after appeals and so on and the risk is after all that we would lose and then we would be finished as a top level club.
First time around they moved the goal posts after we had complied so we failed,no need to go to court at the time,as Kaldoon said we take the pinch,now they are trying to trash our reputation and we can't let them do it,we will not be finished as a top level club so long as we dominate the prem

I think most of that is true and it won’t go to court. But City finished as a top level club if we do? That’s some big guesswork too and, I think, probably wrong.

I for one hope this goes to the courts and FFP can be held up to the light to test its legality. For a start it's anti-competitive. Like something from the Kremlin in the 70s , 80s and 90s. 'What, you have no debts - we can't be having that !!!!!!'

This is strange timing indeed but from UEFA’s point of view.

Galatasaray win a FFP case v UEFA

FFP being ruled on soon in Belgium after it was taken to court AGAIN as illegal.

DS guy found guilty of all sorts and sent back to Portugal for trial.

You would think UEFA would be laying low, at least for now.

What a time to go for City. No wonder City welcome it. It’s like a beaten up drunk deciding to have a go at a UFC fighter.

All for show?
In that analogy the beaten up drunk is FFP while his acquaintance UEFA stands by shaking his head. What I mean is the story's not going away and they had to open an 'investigation ' as echoed by the club's statement and the more reasoned posts on here. I sense they know that the writing is on the wall with FFP and are going through the motions.

First time around they moved the goal posts after we had complied so we failed,no need to go to court at the time,as Kaldoon said we take the pinch,now they are trying to trash our reputation and we can't let them do it,we will not be finished as a top level club so long as we dominate the prem

And how many top level players would we retain / attract without the prospect of playing in the CL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.