UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Post of the thread, and the last sentence is the nub of the matter. A lot of people on here seem to be under the impression that because what City have done may not contravene the precise specifications of FFP as written, we are home and hosed. For me, they’re almost an irrelevance. This is the last and best chance our enemies (and I’m not talking about UEFA) have to get rid of us, not just for a season or two, but permanently. They will have already made their preferred decision clear to UEFA IMO and what the latter will be tasked with is coming up with a semi-credible vehicle to justify it. If that means inventing new bullshit about “the spirit of FFP” then I don’t doubt they will. Like you, I’m struggle to envisage a scenario, other than the obvious, in which those emails could have been taken out of context. These are utter bastards we’re dealing with. I don’t subscribe to the idea that UEFA will “investigate” this and then come up with a “nothing to see here” verdict, given the pressure on them from our rivals and the media. Court is where this ends for me, and that frankly is seldom more than a lottery. I hope we batter them

Post of the thread.

It's inevitable that UEFA will find a way to charge us and try to ban us for 1 year.

Thanks guys.

Irrespective of what City may or may not have done, there seems to be universal scepticism of whether we will get a fair hearing from UEFA.

That’s a terrible situation, but it’s understandable given UEFA’s behaviour.

I have come up with one possible theory as to how these emails could be taken “out of context”.

Perhaps the references to “ADUG” are not a refence to the actual parent company of City.

Perhaps “ADUG” was initially an informal group of rich UAE businessmen wanting to get involved in football. Maybe “His Highness” Sheikh Mohammed was a member of this group.

Perhaps the name “ADUG” was given to City’s parent company, and that legal entity is owned 100% by Sheikh Mansour, zero to do with Sheikh Mohammed.

If the refences in the emails to “ADUG” were a reference to the informal group of rich businessmen, and not a reference to City’s parent company, then I completely see how they’ve been taken out of context and City have done nothing wrong.

If we signed sponsorship contracts with Aarbar, Etisalat etc, it’s not really our business how they fund those deals. And it’s not really UEFA’s (providing no one legally connected to City has provided the finance).

If people associated with the inner workings of City such a Simon Pearce facilitated those deals, UEFA may well argue it’s still against the “spirit” of the rules, but I think they’d be hard pressed to throw the book at us.

This is all conjecture on my part of course, I’m just thinking aloud how those emails could be possibly be taken out of context.

Manchester City welcomes the opening of a formal UEFA investigation as an opportunity to bring to an end the speculation resulting from the illegal hacking and out of context publication of City emails. The accusation of financial irregularities are entirely false. The Club’s published accounts are full and complete and a matter of legal and regulatory record.

I really don't think there is anything to be concerned about. The club are fully confident that they have done nothing wrong.
So was the PSG defender on Wednesday night.

They were running the show now it's been taken out of their hands. They may print stories but they aren't controlling it now the investigation is between UEFA and City.
Yup, until the headlines about how UEFA are corrupt, in turn UEFA will want to show they are not. Media pressure has gotten us here imo, it wont stop, in fact I think it will ramp up, I do not think UEFA will ignore public opinion and pressure

Yup, until the headlines about how UEFA are corrupt, in turn UEFA will want to show they are not. Media pressure has gotten us here imo, it wont stop, in fact I think it will ramp up, I do not think UEFA will ignore public opinion and pressure
I don't think UEFA want to find anything that would require them to revisit previous judgements.

I almost want UEFA to take this to court so they can be embarrassed by trying to use stolen documents as some kind of proof, what about all the investigating they did a few years back before they fined us? are they going to come out and say they didn't do enough and that they were incorrect

UEFA want this to end up in the CAS. In the CAS illegally obtained documents can be used as evidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.