UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back to your original point: you seem very assured we have the very best people on this and that we'll win, no question. I'm not so sure and my gut instinct is as follows: someone, somewhere, hasn't been quite as diligent as they should have been and this has subsequently left us open to the court case. You're right, we have some very, very smart people at the top. It's the ones underneath that worry me.
Its the cockroaches like david gill which worry me.very powerful.behind the scenes...he lost the battle in Manchester....so quietly sought more power abroad.
Its bin a very gud wk for influential, media savy,redscum.........in the background.

That's a question, not an answer.

You stated....

Really, do we? How the club is run is immaterial to the challenge Khaldoon faces now. Last time he took a "pinch", now they're back again, from a cursory analysis, if one were forced to come to a conclusion, that now looks like a mistake, either way nothing Khaldoon has done inspires confidence that he'll do the right thing now, whatever the right thing is in these circumstances.

Khaldoon is smart, very smart, but he's a powerful Gulf Arab and his boss is an even more powerful Gulf Arab, in their business dealings they look medium to long term, they're ambitious, up to a point. they're bold with a hint of caution, but more than anything else they avoid conflict, they want to be on the inside, they don't like taking on the powers that be.

I like Emiratis very much and I liked doing business with them. I think Khaldoon is a great Chairman, but dealing with these corrupt Euro sharks? I'm not sure it's his cup of tea.
NO !! Khaldoon did NOT take a pinch.It was the Club who took the pinch and no doubt it was after a lot of not only soul searching but advice from their Legal Team.Pisses me off no end when people make assumptions that in their opinion certain people at the our Club don`t have a spine.

They are not investigating us for failing FFP, as we have passed every test since we ‘took the pinch’
They are not investigating where our revenues come from, as that is set out in our accounts,which are available to anyone.
What they are investigating is where our sponsors got the money from to sponsor us.
If it is an unrelated sponsorship deal then it is way beyond the remit of uefa to ask from where the money came. They cannot ask the sponsors and they have no right to see their accounts.
If it is related party sponsorship deal, then the only influence that uefa can exert is to decide on fair market value, which, as far as I know, they did.(see Volkswagen/Audi and Allianz and their ownership/sponsorship deals)
If they want to make a case out of a state airline being financed by a state government then good luck.(see Aeroflot and Emirates and their sponsorship deals)
In the former (unrelated) case they can do nothing.
In the latter(related) case, they have done all they can.
Unless I’m missing something.

There has to be a limit as to how much a relatively junior employee would have their actions imputed to the club. That is a matter of common sense, as well as law.
True, but there's something niggling me that somebody (or bodies), fairly high up the chain has (have) left us susceptible. I've no evidence, nothing I've seen or heard, just my hunch. I think back to the time we ballsed up over academy players and got hit with a 300k fine. Someone as savvy as Garry Cook got undone by one hit of the "reply all" button. Hope I'm wrong and that we sail through this. I think we're in for a very protracted battle.

It's not a new round of financing. It's UEFA reviewing the same period due to the email hack releasing additional information from that time period.

I wonder if uefa think that "his highness" refers to our owner. People on here who are knowledgeable about Abu Dhabi etiquette refute that entirely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.