UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
1) All depends on whether these companies are deemed to be related parties. If not then they're free to pay what they like. If they are, then the transactions have to be fair market value. Etihad clearly is fair value (& UEFA agreed it was) so it's utterly irrelevant where the money comes from and UEFA's own website clearly states this. Thr Aabar & Etisalat were deemed to be over-valued but, again, are they related parties? If not (and City say they aren't) then again it's irrelevant. If so, then UEFA would be entitled to mak these down to what was considered fair value. Even if it did, we still might not fail FFP. But UEFA knew about these deals and we agreed not to increase them as part of the settlement so they can't claim ignorance of them.

2) This is a UEFA issue as I understand it but irrelevant for FFP purposes.

3) This is a potential issue but UEFA also knew about this arrangement and PWC had flagged their suspicions. As far as I can see, there's about £5-7m going out of this company every year. We may have to agree to bring this back in-house or report it as part of our FFP submission. I believe we've got enough in the FFP "pot" to soak it up without failing FFP anyway. As far as I can see we're carrying in excess of a £50m accumulated surplus based on the 2018 results, compared to a maximum allowable deviation of a £24m loss.

So even in a worst case scenario where all these things were taken into account and our FFP assessment was revisited, I still think we probably wouldn't have failed.

4) This is a FIFA issue so not related to FFP.

If, in 2014, our accountants deemed that Aarbar and Etisalat aren't 'related parties' and submitted our accounts to all the relevant authorities on that basis isn't that the end of the discussion as to whether they are or aren't?

I don't think UEFA want to find anything that would require them to revisit previous judgements.
I think you're right. In fact we're actually in a stronger position in some ways now all this is in the open. Before, if we'd taken UEFA to court in 2014, all this would have come out anyway, as we'd have been forced to reveal all documents pertaining to FFP. But so would UEFA and I'm not at all sure that they wanted that, any more than we did. But all our stuff is pretty well in play now whereas they've probably still got things they want to keep quiet.

My suspicion is we'll maybe get a slap on the wrist and be bound over to do or not do certain things in future.

For me strength of statement from club means:

1 issue has already been sorted with UEFA and this is a pantomime, or
2. City are on the right side of the ‘legalities’ having exploited loopholes only, and the club know it and have already told UEFA to bring it on.

This is much bigger than UEFA and football and they know it.

So other clubs want to know what action will be taken for breaking rules that don't exist and have yet to be investigated let alone proven?! You couldn't make it up, oh they just did!
They’re just shit stirring mate

Rivals are out for blood and they do have lot of lobby power for sure. They do put pressure on FA, PL, Uefa regarding to try to punish us.
First they came together they managed to bring in a PL FFP with 13 clubs voting for it. That would have never happened if they dont have lobby power.

At least 12 clubs sounds bad as they still tryin to convice the rest of them as well maybe.

But we really should do something about it as its nothing but negative publicity, bringing Citys name trough the mud, Mansour is getting more accusations, called a chater than praised for what he has done for City. Does the UAE really getting positive picture regarding City investments what was the main goal?

I kinda wish there wouldnt be so much stress between UAE and Qatar and somehow the two countries could work together as joint forces regarding FFP PSG and City...

I think you're right. In fact we're actually in a stronger position in some ways now all this is in the open. Before, if we'd taken UEFA to court in 2014, all this would have come out anyway, as we'd have been forced to reveal all documents pertaining to FFP. But so would UEFA and I'm not at all sure that they wanted that, any more than we did. But all our stuff is pretty well in play now whereas they've probably still got things they want to keep quiet.

My suspicion is we'll maybe get a slap on the wrist and be bound over to do or not do certain things in future.

There must be significant evidence of G14 clubs reinventing FFP to create a stick to beat us that would be hugely embarrassing for UEFA - I can’t see anyway they will want court proceedings and a list of document requests from us that would put their manoeuvrings into the public domain.

Which is why, and it's only my guess, I think we've asked UEFA to investigate or clear us to draw a line under all this leaked stuff and stop it dragging on through the media, which isn't doing us nor indeed UEFA much good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.