The state of the pitch.

W W

worsleyweb

Looked the worst I have seen it in years tonight. Hope we get it sorted for the last few games. I know it is hard to be critical on a night like tonight but we need it to be bang on if we have a huge quarter or semi final champions league game.

Looked the worst I have seen it in years tonight. Hope we get it sorted for the last few games. I know it is hard to be critical on a night like tonight but we need it to be bang on if we have a huge quarter or semi final champions league game.
Yeah it looked shite. The thing is though it played well, the lads didn't have any bother zipping passes around on it and it seems to have good grip as well, so I'll trust our groundsman (Lee Jackson?) on it as he's given us a quality pitch for years.

Yeah it looked shite. The thing is though it played well, the lads didn't have any bother zipping passes around on it and it seems to have good grip as well, so I'll trust our groundsman (Lee Jackson?) on it as he's given us a quality pitch for years.
We’ve always had good groundsmen. Stan Gibson was a true pro. His Maine Road pitch, given the confines of the local weather, was always very good.

We’ve always had good groundsmen. Stan Gibson was a true pro. His Maine Road pitch, given the confines of the local weather, was always very good.
Yeah it was, surprisingly, given how much of a shitshow the rest of the club was during those times (I can only speak for 90s-).
The weather is a big thing as well tbf, we've had frosts, freezes, heavy rainfall etc recently and underground heating etc don't make up the difference.

Yeah it was, surprisingly, given how much of a shitshow the rest of the club was during those times (I can only speak for 90s-).
The weather is a big thing as well tbf, we've had frosts, freezes, heavy rainfall etc recently and underground heating etc don't make up the difference.
Great footballing teams used to love to come to Maine Road. Big pitch; top playing surface.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.