Stamina

I started swimming about 7 years ago. Smoked since i was a kid and never been into playing sports (always been a music head) and my complete lack of health became really clear to me when my daughter was old enough to start running around in the park, and i was out of breath in no time at all. First swim, got told by one of the life guards that i needed to go in the 'floating about' pool as opposed to the lane swimming pool because i kept having to stop. Couldn't even do 50m without stopping. I now do 1km without stopping once or twice a week. Find it boring as sin (30 mins or so just swimming up and down), but the benefits from it have been pretty gobsmacking. Loads more energy, and just feel a lot healthier. Definitely worked for me.

Did you play for City in the early 60s, 80s or 90s? I seem to recall we had half a team who ran out of gas as soon as the game kicked off?
That would be the hangover, they were fine after half an hour or so when they'd sweated some of the shite out.

nby7ua.jpg

You need to go running. But let the run come to you. It's the kenyan philosophy. You are not exhausted after 2 mins. You are simply not warmed up.

Start slowly. After 2 mins you will feel exhausted. Stay with it. After 5 mins you will feel tired. Stick with with it. After 10 mins you will feel tired. Stick with it. Run slowly. After 15 mins. You will feel ok.
Stick with it.

Run a bit faster. Stop after 20 mins and you are buzzing.

You need to go running. But let the run come to you. It's the kenyan philosophy. You are not exhausted after 2 mins. You are simply not warmed up.

Start slowly. After 2 mins you will feel exhausted. Stay with it. After 5 mins you will feel tired. Stick with with it. After 10 mins you will feel tired. Stick with it. Run slowly. After 15 mins. You will feel ok.
Stick with it.

Run a bit faster. Stop after 20 mins and you are buzzing.

There's some truth in that. I've been running for years, and the body resists nearly every time. First mile or couple of km are really difficult, and then its as if the body realises, "oh, he not for stopping" and then settles down, and it becomes a lot easier, for a few km anyway.
That's till you start increasing the tempo of course, then its a whole other story...

Try downloading some military running cadences and sing along with them. They will keep you at a good pace, not too fast and not too slow. The singing with them will help regulate your breathing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.