Stamina

Used to suffer from this also. however my symptoms were related to bronchitis. But I did overcome it.

Every morning go for a run. Try short distances, 1 or 2 km but good pace not slow. Push yourself with regards to timing. Measure and beat is the key.

Diet ... what I did was avoided bread and rice, and switched chocolate to dark organic. Food before 7pm. And if u get time, do some insanity workout routines.
That sounds good, I love milk chocolate that’s going to be tough to cut that out! How long did it take until you started to see improvements?

What are leg ups?
Lie down on your back on a mat / flat surface
Hands flat on the floor
Lift legs to a vertical /90° angle
Repeat 50 times

At first it will be difficult to get to 25-30
But after a few attempts you should be able
I couldn't believe that pecs /abs would appear within 2 weeks
But they did .

Last edited:
Your diagnosis is one of feeble mindedness.

Ergo, you quit at the first thought of physically pushing through the barriers of what the mind sets up.

Trust me, it makes sense.

It's no different to doing one more push up of your 'limit' and then one more than that the week after.

I'd agree with this. Put your mind to something and with determination and will power, you can achieve your goals.

Eight months ago, I would have been in a similar situation regarding stamina. I play football once a week, and used to easily get out of breath. I weighed 16 stone, 7 pounds. I got out of breath just trying my shoe lace.

In the last eight months I've lost 4 stones, and have a regular fitness regime - I ran six miles on Friday, and four today. I feel great as a result. I'm aged 57.

I'd recommend the couch to 5k app to start you off.

Or lack of when it comes to myself. All my life I’ve suffered from the absolute worst stamina known to mankind. I get completely exhausted after 1/2 mins of running in football and I just can’t explain it. I’ve tried dieting, I’ve tried exercising and whilst I might have the odd game here and there where I feel I can run a bit, in 90% of the games I play im gassed out at the beginning of the game.

Been to the doctors done every test and still nothing comes up. I’m starting to accept that my parents passed on the worst sporting genes in history.

Did you play for City in the early 60s, 80s or 90s? I seem to recall we had half a team who ran out of gas as soon as the game kicked off?

When you say you’re completely exhausted after a very short blast do you mean you are genuinely ‘exhausted’ ie you cannot possibly do any further physical exercise and are fatigued to point of needing to go to bed?

If so, that is extremely worrying and you need to see a GP immediately.

If you mean you’re just ‘out of breath’ that’s simply because your very unfit.

Only way to improve is to keep doing it. The body will adapt.

Stop smoking as well. It’s not doing you any good.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.