Media coverage 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a great article in todays Telegraph, It starts with
'Swansea City have ruled out a complaint against the Football Association, despite saying the club is "in the dark" over the controversial decision to deprive them of a video assistant referee .'
Controversial ? you mean the decision at the start of the season that said only Premier league grounds would have it, that one ?

Anyway it gets better, further down the piece they put this, 'The visiting billionaires - who had failed to convert two earlier chances for Riyad Mahrez and Leroy Sane …….' So they you have it, every City player is a billionaire, not the club, not the owner, the players. At least the reporter (sic) didn't mention the Swansea players only have a hundred quid in the bank between them.

And..therein,lies a real problem...
And it is a problem.god help football next season.no **** will know whats going on,and very few actually do now...altho they think they do.
Its a mess..
Think there was a pic of the real madrid VAR room the other day...itvwas empty. Lol
What happenscwhen VAR nip to the toilet,or nip out for a fag.?
Is there an assistant VAR or two to take over,lol.who will these people be? From pgmol? Or just friends of the VAR....a member of bet 365?
A bloke from the local pub?

Ben Turpin!

Isn't he the brother of the guy who had the decency to wear a mask when robbing people?

Nah, Ben Turpin is the silent movie comedy star with the large tash and eyes that could roll in all different directions. Perfect for the VAR decisions I've seen this season.
https://goo.gl/images/9zWB8T

The Mirror are running a story that Pep is complaining about the Cardiff game even though he hasn't said a word as far as I know, and of course the Echo are also running it. Meanwhile the Echo have a story of yet another Liverpool player assuring everyone they never ever,ever, ever think about City.

'Swansea City have ruled out a complaint against the Football Association, despite saying the club is "in the dark" over the controversial decision to deprive them of a video assistant referee .'
Controversial ? you mean the decision at the start of the season that said only Premier league grounds would have it, that one ?

Anyway it gets better, further down the piece they put this, 'The visiting billionaires - who had failed to convert two earlier chances for Riyad Mahrez and Leroy Sane …….' So they you have it, every City player is a billionaire, not the club, not the owner, the players. At least the reporter (sic) didn't mention the Swansea players only have a hundred quid in the bank between them.

Quality hack that. I see a different piece has the headline:

Sergio Aguero comes off the bench to score twice as Man City complete controversial comeback against Swansea

Pretty certain Aguero hasn't been credited with two.

The Mirror are running a story that Pep is complaining about the Cardiff game even though he hasn't said a word as far as I know, and of course the Echo are also running it. Meanwhile the Echo have a story of yet another Liverpool player assuring everyone they never ever,ever, ever think about City.

There are no other midweeks guaranteed to be free. It has to be then, so what is there to complain about anyway?

I can't believe they are still going on about it. Alright, that's a lie. Of course they are still going on about it.

The disparity in reporting of our press should be under more scrutiny.

Little Jimmy Milner was a mile offside against West Ham, and yet that was reported for all of 5 minutes. Sergio was marginally offside (from the camera angles shown by BT/BBC), and absolutely no mention of the lino's poor positioning. It wasn't our fault the officials didn't see/didn't give the offside, but the way it's been reported you would think we'd committed armed robbery.

I can't believe they are still going on about it. Alright, that's a lie. Of course they are still going on about it.

The disparity in reporting of our press should be under more scrutiny.

Little Jimmy Milner was a mile offside against West Ham, and yet that was reported for all of 5 minutes. Sergio was marginally offside (from the camera angles shown by BT/BBC), and absolutely no mention of the lino's poor positioning. It wasn't our fault the officials didn't see/didn't give the offside, but the way it's been reported you would think we'd committed armed robbery.

The article is 2-3 days old.
I also doubt that Swansea 'have ruled out' anything. Sounds like a dumb hack asked a leading question and got laughed at for idiocy.

There are no other midweeks guaranteed to be free. It has to be then, so what is there to complain about anyway?
Click bait for the Muppets who posted on the story I suppose, I'm not sure Pep is even in the country. Spurs fans are also apparently up in arms because the Cardiff game is on Sky, while their first game at the new stadium has only an opening ceremony being televised.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.