Media coverage 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
The article is 2-3 days old.
I also doubt that Swansea 'have ruled out' anything. Sounds like a dumb hack asked a leading question and got laughed at for idiocy.

I don't even think Swansea were asked, the hack made it up and that's the point. They are allowed to make shite up, especially when it is negative towards us and get away with it.

We tend to think this is a modern manifestation but the media have always been as bad. Last night I was reading the Crossman Diaries, written by Richard Crossman when he was a senior cabinet minister in the Wilson government in the late 1960's. The bit I was reading showed he was spectacularly mis-quoted (by The Mail naturally) following a televised lecture he gave. Fortunately the transcript was available so he got The Times to look at it and they realised he hadn't said what the Mail had alleged he'd said.

Even worse, one of his Cabinet colleagues (think it was Judith Hart) came back from holiday to find that the Daily Telegraph had printed an interview with her which was a complete fiction. She hadn't even spoken to them (or any other paper) as she'd been out of the country and in those days that meant out of touch.

Top of the SSN football site:

Paul Pogba says Raheem Sterling does not get respect he deserves
“He has ridiculous stats, he's scored goals and made a hat-trick not long ago. He's been top with City.

"What I've been seeing is he's been criticised for houses and what I've been hearing things about, but nobody talks about what he's been doing on the pitch.

"Maybe if he was somebody else, it would be different."

skysports-pogba-sterling-france_4614181.jpg

With all the stats from last year and everything he's done - nobody talks about it like we should.

England's Danny Rose said Sterling "was only saying what we all say in the dressing room".

BBC football page headline 'dodgy streamers' should not have a club graphic subliminally associating any club but it does.
You don't need to check it do you?
I hope City lawyers are asking Rag Salford BBC central for their policy on fair, neutral reporting.
F***ing disgrace.

BBC football page headline 'dodgy streamers' should not have a club graphic subliminally associating any club but it does.
You don't need to check it do you?
I hope City lawyers are asking Rag Salford BBC central for their policy on fair, neutral reporting.
F***ing disgrace.
They had to illustrate it in some way. I'd be more concerned at sending these guys to prison for 7 years. Really, 7 years?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.