Media coverage 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is absolutely priceless. Bullet point 2.

Postman who swindled £30,000 in disability benefits by claiming he could barely get out of bed is jailed for six months after being filmed walking for FIVE HOURS on his rounds
  • Anthony Linaker said he struggled to dress himself or go to the toilet unaided
  • But he was doing five-hour post rounds and had a season ticket to Man City
  • Suffolk father was caught by Department for Work and Pensions and jailed
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...Anthony-Linaker-jailed-Derby-Crown-Court.html

The judge was only going to jail him for 3 months until he learnt he was a Blue. But anyway, well done to the Daily Mail for shoe horning an anti city reference into the story.

Four of us went to Wembley for that fight without tickets, we were about to purchase them from the Box Office at £35 each (expensive nearly 33 years ago) when this “Cockney Geezer” told us tickets would be be going cheap from touts who had gambled on the demand but were struggling to get face value. He told us Wham had played their farewell concert at Wembley a couple of weeks before and tickets were going for £2. Went for a Ruby, back about half hour before the fight and it was chaos, the cheapest tickets were £100 from touts and the Box Office had sold out. Drove back to Manchester (designated driver even in those days) had a few more beers, all fell asleep and missed the TV recording shown early Sunday morning. Never knew about that introduction.
I'm sure I remember watching this midweek on sportsnight hosted by the one and only harry carpenter.

Not sure if this comes under the media thread but apologies if not, but this is a fantastic watch. I only stumbled across it by accident while bored rigid by insomnia but I am glad I did. I am posting the link so others can enjoy it.

@Prestwich_Blue giving out some serious bummings there.

The man is a fucking legend on here.

He’s up there in the top 10 with yours truly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.