QF 1st Leg Post Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Pep will analyze the game and kick himself. I could understand him playing this way against Liverpool or Barcelona away but Spurs? If we had played our normal team and style I think we would have won 2 or 3-1. tonight. A chance missed. Sure Aguero scores that penalty and it's a different game.

We now go into another must win game on Sunday and if he rests key players again we will lose that too. If he plays them and a couple pick up injuries then it just negates his plan tonight. We have four days rest after tonight and have rotated and conserved energy in the last three games. We are at shit or bust time now, every game is a must win. He can gamble and rest key players but if we lose it will be pointless anyway.

If we don't get a transfer ban then we need some quality additions in key areas as we all know some just aren't up to the job and when they are selected our levels drop right off.

It's a bad result because the tie is now more difficult to win. I thought this was going to be more difficult than many expected but I did not expect that approach from Pep. He's given them way too much respect and from a tie that we should have won comfortably, we now find ourselves in a difficult position.

Totally agree. Spurs have won one of their last 6 games in the PL and lost 4! I think given the form of the two sides and the clear gulf in class it’s a terrible result. Two shots on target in 90 mins and one of them a pen! Poor. We were poor Sat and poor again today. Need to up the level of performances straight away.

Mahrez is bone idle.
Pep fucked up with regard to sub times.
Spurs are crap and we will do them at ours twice
Deli and kane are dirty ****s.

And the place is impressive pitch side but the concourse and away end is a wank as any other ground 6/10 overall at best

The reason is because we are chasing four trophies and are playing 2 games a week.
But I thought the game management against Cardiff, Fulham and Brighton was to enable us to play our normal game against Spurs - our biggest game for twelve months. My thinking is that we would pick the games to go full throttle - this being one of 'em.

I can just about forgive playing for a draw in energy save mode. But failing to make the substitutes when we were a goal down? Had Pep’s watch stopped?

The tie is far from lost though.

I don't see them scoring next week from what they showed tonight, sucker punch just as we started to look to dominate, on a different day Son was inches from being offside, the ball inches from going out.
Just fine margins ( remember the 12mm the dippers will lose the premier league by this year) so come on blues suck it up and enjoy the ride.
PS
Where's Mangala when we need him LOL

Nothing more frustrating than Mr offside Gabriel Jesus coming on and being caught offside within 10seconds, and to think some people think he's going to fill Agueros boots when he eventually leaves
He was very poor and I will say no more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.