QF 1st Leg Post Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing for certain as soon a Pep selected Delph at left back there was every chance we were going to concede a goal on the left , we have also missed two penalties and saved them for possibly our biggest two games of the season so far , small margins like this are the difference when you are hunting a quadruple. Anyone thinking we will smash Spuds at home are dreaming , Pochetino knows how to set a team up , this tie is now far more difficult than it should have been and that is down 100% to Guardiola's team selection and tactics. Brilliant coach but he got it so wrong tonight

I honestly think we look nackered. We're playing a ridiculous number of games and every one under huge amounts of pressure. We're attempting to do something no one has ever done before so you're bound to struggle at times. We didn't play well tonight but I still fancy us to go through next week

We are starting to look shot. I think you need a squad where everyone is firing and you get virtually no injuries if you are to have any chance of fighting on 4 fronts - unfortunately we’ve lost our best player for most of the season and 3 or 4 of the squad - frankly aren’t quite there. We have been brilliant this season but a bit concerned we are tailing off. Big game on Sunday because although Palace aren’t great they are full throttle - so if we are thinking of playing at walking pace we’d better think again.

Anybody noticed that we have looked a bit leggy recently, had sevral injuries, are trying to win a quadruple & if we win at weekend 'might' be away with the title ?

But Pep is being 'arrogant' tonight.

You dumb mother fuckers.

I'm out.

Er er....er....less of the mother fuckers ;)

This reminds me so much of last year, every key moment went against us. The pen decision doesn’t count because we missed it.
fuck me how can you say that over the pen,,it was give and we fucking missed it,,our fault and we fucked up.BUT next Wed we will be better for it

Most likely to score? Were you watching? We were toothless. We played to contain spurs. It was wank.
Played to contain spurs? We were a bit toothless upfront but we had control for long periods and should have opened them up. Spurs were fortunate to get a win. Pep could have played a stronger team but he is going for the quad (despite what he says) and he has to manage this run in carefully.

Only half time, think pep tried his arm tonight to try and be tight and nick a goal if we could. I suspect I'm not in the minority with being non plussed by the cl, aslong as we beat them in the league I'm a bit meh about it.

Poor performance and I don't understand why we played that team. Pep always does this. Tries to be clever when there really is no need to be

We needed a good result from this leg, now everything is at risk.

He was trying to be clever but not in the cocky sense you are intimating.

We dont have a squad thats any bigger than anyone elses and the games are stacking up,something has to give and unfortunately that means introducing players that he wouldn't otherwise use.

A well and truly awful performance with no guts or 2 fucks given...the only chink of light than can be taken from that performance is that that's there best 11 against what possibly could be our Sunday morning side and it ended 1-0...I'm still confident we will do it

Lets take our blue specs off. I need someone to convince me that Son wasn't off when he got the ball off before he scored. Even VAR missed that??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.