QF 1st Leg Post Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't blame Pep here apart from not finding someone better than Aguero to take penalties. He is shit at penalties for some time and missed too many to be considered as good default penalty taker. Kepa should have saved his awful penalty at league cup final too.

There's no way we could play strong lines in each of April games, specially with injuries mounting up. it's a hell of a schedule. And this was the single game where potential bad score could be fixed. Spurs fucking up at Anfield made sure we couldn't have this line up vs Palace and these bastards have the chance now to fuck it up even more and make our season average. Hopefully there's enough gas in us to see them off in next two games. 1:0 is pretty demanding score though.

Ederson up front when we need a goal would be more productive than Jesus though....

Don't worry! We're retaining energy .This boring football at 1-0 in FA Cup semi finals is all planned....Leave the likes of KDB and Sane on the bench whilst Riyad threatens to make a tackle..... What do you mean we lost to a distinctly average Spurs side? Poor 6 minutes from Leroy

Why does Pep continue to persist with Riyad "one season" Mahrez. A fucking lamp post would have been more effective. Seriously! Why him over Sané? He failed us tonight Hope he goes to bed feeling embarrassed. Absolute tit. Hopefully this will now make him drop the shit house bastard. Delph cannot start anymore games for us. Gundog isn't a big time player and Silva needs to be dropped to the bench. Swallow your pride Pep, you spent £60+ mil on a shower of shite... he's useless.

In what world did anyone think we would beat Spurs three times in the second half of the season? The law of averages wouldn't be with us on that one. Especially not with the games being almost back-to-back.

Yeah we didn't get the away goal, oh well fuck it, so what?! Grow a spine some of you! When Bernardo, De Bruyne and Sane get on the pitch, our play is going to be so metronomically mesmerising that we'll be laughing at home. We are going to absolutely come at their throats with our best team. They could barely play against our heavily-rotated side.

Pep played the lineup he did because at the end of the day, he's not going to let that Jurgen Knob win the league. Resting players for the weekend was the correct move.

They're fighting for fourth. Their same Spurs players will play at the weekend, and again on Wednesday, while our best players will have been rested for a third of the coming games.

Calculated power move that would have been perfected by an away goal, but if you don't think we'll light a fire under them at home under the ambiance of a our hungry crowd, you're probably wrong.

Losing this one makes me feel 10 times better about the next two matches against them. I can almost get superstitious sometimes. I wasn't feeling very positive about beating them three times, and I certainly would never have put money on it...not when the games are within a week-and-a-half.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.